Home

Running out of single back formations

This is a discussion on Running out of single back formations within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2010, 04:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Running out of single back formations

Hi there,

I am having trouble running the ball effectively out of single back formations. I'd love to be able to run a balanced offense out of the doubles formation, but I average only 2 yards a carry out of that set.

I am using the default rosters and rspencer's sliders and I am playing in franchise mode with the Steelers. I figured that with Hartings and Faneca on the interior of my line I would have more success, but no luck. My RB is McGahee (acquired via free agency), so he has a mix of power and speed, but by no means does he have breakaway speed or Bettis-like power.

Any advice would be great. What plays have worked for you out of doubles? The dives, zone cutbacks, tosses, etc? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Running out of single back formations

I personally use "weak/strong dive" plays in quads, doubles and trips formations when running up the middle. Outside, I like using toss plays.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

While the toss plays seem to get you + yardage most of the time, when you can get your blockers out in front of you on a sweep, you can break some nice long runs. The drawback is it's feast or famine. If the ILB blitzes, you'll find yourself with a nice 2-3 yard loss. Of course, I only run the sweep in 2 back sets. I love to go on the toss in a single back set with a bunch formation.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

For doubles or triples formation, usually moving receivers in motion can help clear out a side (vs man coverage) or gaining an extra blocker (vs zone defense). The dive plays dont seem to work all that well since you are running into 2 or 3 linebackers with no fullback.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I get a lot of success while running draws out of single back formations. Don't sprint through the hole, get through it, and then do something to beat whatever man is closing you down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Personally, the I-Pro or I-Formation is the way to go in my opinion because you have the full back breaking automatic holes. Strong-Iso is good. Definitely go for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »