Home

Message from the producers!

This is a discussion on Message from the producers! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Message from the producers!

NHL 10 Team Fixes Exploit, Prepares to Release Tuner Set 1.03 and Updated National Team Rosters

Over the holiday break a few of the NHL 10 developers were notified of an exploit in the game that some were using to avoid getting losses when playing EASHL games. Many thanks to those in the community that assisted with re-creating the issue. However, shame on those that would take advantage of such bugs in the game! Yes, I know, these should've been found before the game is shipped though I've never been a fan of people who would exploit such issues in games instead of taking a loss like man. Anyhow, the team was able to identify the root cause of the bug and have since deployed a server-side fix to address the issue. Producer Matt Mahar made this statement on the NHL 10 forums late last week:

There have been many posts about a "pause glitch" that has been happening to teams. We tracked this down and figured it out, thanks to help from the community. Really appreciate you guys bringing it to our attention. It was not actually a "pause glitch" in that it had to do more with privacy settings and when/if a user exited the game.

The adjustment of the privacy settings was causing inconsistencies with the game reports that we produce at the end of each game and the game would be thrown out. Meaning, no loss to a team when one should have been counted. This was used by only a few teams and did not result in any major point adjustments.

We have fixed the issue and pushed the server side fix up last night. This should no longer be occurring.

Thanks again to the community members that gave us valuable insight.

Enjoy the game!

Matt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Message from the producers!

Thanks for the post but I hope/wish they did a online and a offline tuner .
Old 01-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

This is great, I played online for the first time over the weekend and after 4 games I would of gone 3-1. However because of the glitch I went 1-1.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

so, only a few teams used it?

did they reset there overall record? i bet they didnt.. lame!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Noting on the money top of the circle, hide the puck behind your back and get the goalie 3 feet out of the crease goal???

It doesn't seem to matter what gets fixed, the glitchers find a way. Our EASHL team can barely find a clean game anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Noting on the money top of the circle, hide the puck behind your back and get the goalie 3 feet out of the crease goal???

It doesn't seem to matter what gets fixed, the glitchers find a way. Our EASHL team can barely find a clean game anymore.

yeah I'm hoping the tuner set will fix that glitch...but what I'm really worried about is that they jsut made the golies better at every shot and not just the glitches (like EA usualy does to fix exploits).

I am one of the few players who actually uses a regular wrister as my shot (since slap shots and glitches have much better %'s), so I hope this tuner set does not make it impossible for me to score goals anymore from a standard wrister in a good spot. I will be crossing my fingers,... and i hope it comes out soon..
Old 01-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

What a shame so much time has to be spent trying to close holes that the pathetic cheaters on-line, will slip through. But I guess thats life on the internet.

As Dorismary mentioned...I hope they were able to find the time to adjust things in the game for the average gamer.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
yeah I'm hoping the tuner set will fix that glitch...but what I'm really worried about is that they jsut made the golies better at every shot and not just the glitches (like EA usualy does to fix exploits).

I am one of the few players who actually uses a regular wrister as my shot (since slap shots and glitches have much better %'s), so I hope this tuner set does not make it impossible for me to score goals anymore from a standard wrister in a good spot. I will be crossing my fingers,... and i hope it comes out soon..
That will probably be it. I'm not buying NHL11 unless they actually reprogram goalies. Why in the world would a goalie react to a toe drag during a wrist shot? (who even does that other than to deke?).

Honestly, most nights now my EASHL team says "forget" it and we go into Modern Warfare 2 instead. Just sad because the game is tons of fun when played well.

Lots of teams out there won't glitch until they get down, then it is glitch city until they get the 1 goal win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »