Home

help with running the ball in all-madden

This is a discussion on help with running the ball in all-madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
help with running the ball in all-madden

I run with Adrian Peterson of the Vikes, but I have no running game whatsoever. I can pass fairly well, but I cannot get a run for my life besides goaline formation for 3 and 1. haha

I also looked for some threads, but there was soo many I couldn't find anything. Please point me in the direction or offer advice!
thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: help with running the ball in all-madden

well u can try doing plays that pull tha o-lineman ta help ya run game or u can put sum one in motion but tha best thing ta do always is have ya blocking scheme rite if ya back is going towards tha rite make tha o-line block towards tha rite if u do this u should have betta success also follow ya block ya mite get 2 yards sumtime but otha u get big gains and finally always luk for holes bcuz there arent many on all madden but when it does take it
Old 01-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Use a running play called Power-O. The weakside guard will pull. The key is down blocking. What you have to do is shift the line in the opposite direction of the run. So if you want to run left, shift the line to the right. What will happen is the TE, LT and LG will create a hole for the pulling guard and fullback to come through and you follow them.

With Peterson you'll get 100-300 rushing yards per game, depending how many times you pop a long run.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Call a passing play and use the formation audible to switch to a run. On higher difficulties like all-madden the cpu will base their play call off of your playcall. This means no matter how wide you try to spread them out if you are running they will try to stack against you. However, if you call a pass they will spread out a little and give you some solid running room. After that audible to the run and there will be room to move.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

^^ nice tip! ^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

nice...i'm excited about that. thanks for the tips fellas...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »