Home

PS2 NCAA 10 allows teams with losing records in bowl games

This is a discussion on PS2 NCAA 10 allows teams with losing records in bowl games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
PS2 NCAA 10 allows teams with losing records in bowl games

So I was playing my team and I ended up 5-7 and going to a bowl game. Then I noticed SEVERAL other 5-7 teams in bowl games, what is the deal with that?

Also, is there a patch with the PS2 game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: PS2 NCAA 10 allows teams with losing records in bowl games

First off, that's old news. There have been teams with losing records making bowl games in the PS2 versions of NCAA Football for years. It's been discussed and the problem seems to be that EA can't correctly implement at large selections to replace teams from conferences that don't have enough eligible teams. Also, there is no patch for the PS2 version, one wouldn't be possible.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Have not had a ps2 version since 06 at it happened back then. Looks like all EA is doing is adding new rosters to the ps2 game and not fixing any problems.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 25

Alright, something like that almost happened on my 360 Dynasty. Florida State was 5-7 (4-4), but managed to win their division, giving them a chance to play for the ACC Championship. #4 Georgia Tech ended up winning, but what would of happened if Florida State ended up winning and going 6-7, ACC Champs. Would they still get their BCS game?

Quote:
On April 26, 2006, the NCAA announced that they were relaxing the rules for eligibility starting with the 2006 season, particularly in light of the new twelve-game college football season. Now, teams with .500 records can qualify for bowl games if their conference has a contract with a bowl game. Also, teams with .500 records (i.e. 6–6) could earn bowl bids if all other FBS teams with winning records have been taken and postseason spots still remain vacant. In thirteen-game seasons (used because of conference championship games, or allowable when a team from the U.S. mainland plays at Hawaiʻi), a team must win seven games.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »