Home

Defensive lineman intercepting the ball

This is a discussion on Defensive lineman intercepting the ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2010, 02:11 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Defensive lineman intercepting the ball

I tried using the search button, couldn't find anything.

Is it just me, or do d-lineman intercept the ball at a ridiculous rate? I've thrown 7 picks in my dynasty so far, through 6 games, 5 of those 7 INT's are to d-lineman. Basically, I get hit right as I throw the ball, the ball basically pops up and a lineman runs over and picks it off. It gets intercepted just about every time it happens too. Once the ball pops up, I see a d-lineman running over to it, 90% of the time it gets picked.. I pretty much know it's getting picked when it happens. Just costed me a game too. I threw two INT's in the last 5 minutes of the game, both to d-lineman. I lost 37-33.

I'm tempted to not even save the game and restart it. If I'm going to lose, I want to lose legit. And I don't feel like I just lost in a legitimate way.. almost feels like I just got cheated. Sure d-lineman do indeed get an interception here and there, but not at the rate that I'm getting intercepted by them.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Defensive lineman intercepting the ball

They had good intentions when they came up with this idea, and it does need to be present, but the effect on the path of the ball when you are being hit while throwing was really exaggerated this year. It should very, very rarely go straight up.

This is one of the most frustrating aspects of this year's game to me, as it just occurs way too often and many times will win or lose a game online or in my online dynasty for me.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
They had good intentions when they came up with this idea, and it does need to be present, but the effect on the path of the ball when you are being hit while throwing was really exaggerated this year. It should very, very rarely go straight up.

This is one of the most frustrating aspects of this year's game to me, as it just occurs way too often and many times will win or lose a game online or in my online dynasty for me.
Yup. I like the idea, but they over-did it. Like you said, it's way too exaggerated.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-01-2010, 03:02 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 34

yup, DL's can get pick 6's but cannot rush the passer on default, except for the CPU broken screen passes.

Makes all of the sense in the world.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I kind of see where you are coming from, but part of it is your fault. If your getting pressured, don't try to rush the throw. It will eventually lead to INT's like that. You have to learn to be patient and learn to hit guys as soon as they are open. I'm not saying your a bad passer, but if you take the time and practice passing it will work. In my Miami dynasty with custom Heisman sliders, I was throwing 65+ % with Jacory Harris threw the first 7-8 games and only had 1 int. Albeit, I did have the third most sacks in the ACC, but I wasn't turning the ball over and thats more important to me than losing 4-5 yards.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Canes21, you are right. Like you I'm running with the Canes and in year 1 I had Harris turning the ball over like crazy due to the fact I would not take a sack or throw to the 1st open guy. Now in year 2 I'm taking sacks and steping up to avoid the rush and have been much better. I have always been good at reading D's but for some reason I was always trying to get the big play. Now I am cool with punting and playing D. I'm in the last week of the season in year 2 and have had zero int's by d-lineman and only 5 int's vs 18 td's.

I use Playmakers sliders.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I kind of see where you are coming from, but part of it is your fault. If your getting pressured, don't try to rush the throw. It will eventually lead to INT's like that. You have to learn to be patient and learn to hit guys as soon as they are open. I'm not saying your a bad passer, but if you take the time and practice passing it will work. In my Miami dynasty with custom Heisman sliders, I was throwing 65+ % with Jacory Harris threw the first 7-8 games and only had 1 int. Albeit, I did have the third most sacks in the ACC, but I wasn't turning the ball over and thats more important to me than losing 4-5 yards.
The problem with this is rarely is the ball thrown 20 feet straight up in the air. More often than not if the QB is hit when throwing it just goes into the ground right in front of him or off a linemen or something like that. Not to mention D-linemen rarely are able to locate the ball like they do in the game or cover the ground necessary to make those kind of interceptions.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #8
Rookie

DaltonT4's Arena

OVR: 5

I had the ball at the one yard line and ran a PA left and as i threw the ball the d-lineman hit me when the ball was already out of the QB's hand and guess what? with the ball already in the air it all of a sudden goes into the duck pass and Flordia returns it 98 yards to put the game away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »