Home

How come no dominate big men in association drafts?

This is a discussion on How come no dominate big men in association drafts? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
How come no dominate big men in association drafts?

No greg oden shaq tim duncan like prospects in the player drafts in association mode.

Highest rated big man i saw was a 73. Whats up with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: How come no dominate big men in association drafts?

that's cause those type of big men are a rarity in real life.
most big men in drafts have a huge learning curve. so they tend to be ranked lower.
Big men are typically drafted on potential.
The reality is, most big men wind up being serviceable big men, very few turn into Dwight Howard.

However this game does have a few gems. I drafted a big man in the late second round and he's turning out to be a solid back up.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Before the season in assoc. you can edit the rookies before you start. Make a couple big men and pump up their stats. Done!
Old 12-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

a true dominating center is a rarity these days. most guys are more athletic and don't just bang inside the paint anymore. i guess maybe dexter pittman could be the next center like al jefferson or kendrick perkins. so as you can see, these types of guys let alone a dwight howard, are rare now.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Well has anyone seen a dominant center produced from the pre-created association draft?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

I used whatever draft was at the top of 2kshare with the most downloads (ps3) and from that draft Solomon Alabi turned out quite a career. He won 3 mvps, 4 or 5 defensive player of the years, several nba championships, and was all nba almost every season starting with his 4th. He was a consistent 18-20 ppg and 12 or 13 rebounds, along with almost 3 blocks. When I did a different season with Rebirth's draft class (ps3) I drafted him #10 and after 4 seasons he was still just an average nba center. He had moved up from about a 55 to a 74 overall, but still struggled to score too much. Then the stupid season kept freezing when you tried to pass the rookie/sophomore challenge and I had to give up that sim.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
Well has anyone seen a dominant center produced from the pre-created association draft?
not from 2k10. the last time i saw a dominating big man was in my knicks Fantasy draft franchise back in 2k8. around the 9th year in my franchise some generated guy name ryan mccarthy cam out of UCLA. Landed him with the 30th pick in the draft and developed into a tim duncan type player. he came out with a 78 ovr end up progressing up to 97 where he stayed for a very long time
Old 12-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Funny thing is I was thinking about this in real life, which makes it realistic. Like a lot of people have said, there are rarely any dominant big men prospects coming out in real life, because guys like Oden have even been busts for the most part(even though juries still out.) Think about it...there are guys like Rose, Mayo, Durant, etc that are future all stars coming out every single year. But Dwight was the last superstar big man to be drafted, and its been 4 years. Lots of 'em are decent -- Oden, Beasley(even though he's fitting more into a SF rle), Blake Griffin - they get hype but rarely ever take the role of an elite guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »