Home

Old 12-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38
Browns

Just wondering here what do you guys do on your browns season to take them to dominance?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Browns

I don't use a Brown's franchise but I love the way there team is already. O-line is solid, I blitz a lot, trade Jamal Lewis and Shaun Rodgers for draft picks to draft studs at NT and LB. I love having Harrison and James Davis as my duo for running backs.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

what do you do with qb?
Old 12-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjohnpaul
what do you do with qb?
Use Brady Quinn until the final year of his contract, develop him into a mid to upper 70s starter and trade him away in his final year, right before you advance to the off-season.

I would suggest taking a QB in the 2010 Draft (the first draft of Franchise Mode) and see what you can get.

At HB ,James Davis is a beast, but he won't develop much past Mid-80s by the time he is 28-29 so you might want to draft a HB at some point that has A potential.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

and defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm in the 7th year of my Browns franchise. I traded Brady Quinn for a draft pick (I think a 2nd round) and traded for Trent Edwards (Bills). Edwards has only progressed to an 83 OVR but he has been league MVP twice, 4 Pro Bowls, and constantly putting up solid numbers (even when I sim games). The past three seasons he has averaged 4300 pass yards, 36 TD and 11 INT.

I kept most of the offensive line intact, and they are very good. I spent a 1st round pick on a HB, but Davis/Harrison are both solid backups. Mohammad Massaquoi has been a fantastic WR. I drafted two other receivers who are now a 94 and 92 overall. I think Massaquoi is an 88. I signed Fred Davis (TE) as a free agent and he has done well.

Defensively, I still have Jackson and Wimbley, who have both been Pro Bowl linebackers. I kept Rogers until his contract expired and he did well. I traded a pick for Nick Barnett (Packers LB) and also traded for Brandon Mebane (Seahawks DT) who I switched to DE in my 3-4 scheme. Eric Wright did really well, but he was a little bitch one offseason and wanted way too much money, so I couldn't resign him. Brodney Pool (FS) did well for a few years, but I signed Donte Whitner as a free agent to replace him. I still have K Phil Dawson, who is always one of the best kickers in the league.

The first thing I did in my first offseason was hire Norv Turner to replace that moron Mangini. I have made the playoffs 4 years in a row, and last year went 15-1 and won the Super Bowl.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's been a while.... I am in my 11th with the Brownies.

This is what I did, iirc...
1) Changed to a 4-3 Defense (Phi.Reid's playbook so I can have a 4-6)

2) Kam. Wimbley to DE/90ovr. I think he had 13 sacks for me, but he was not a runstopper at all. I think I put Coleman at DT, but I can't remember to be sure.

3) Traded quite a few draft picks for Antoine Winfield. Moved him to SS/99ovr. In my 4-6 scheme, he got something like 7-8 sacks for me in the first year.

4) Picked up D. Brooks off the FA.

5) I picked up the best OG with a good balance of athletisicsm and blocking. Changed him to TE and used him on the O-line for dual TE sets in the effort of improving my running game. Needless to say he did not catch many passes. If memory serves me true, Lewis rushed for a 1000+ yrds and Harrison rushed for 700+ yrds for me that year.

I ended up missing the playoffs with a 9-7 or 10-6 record. Bal and Pitt dominated that first year.

Off. Season.
1) Traded Wimbley for a middle of the first round draft along with a 3rd and 4th. I think I got steal here.

2) Drafted Brick Walker, who has had 10+ sacks for me every year so far. He has a total of 127 sacks for me. I know that you won't likely get him in a draft, but finding a true DE to replace Wimbley will help support run-D a lot.

3) I mainly kept my D-Line fully intact and my O-Line intact except for St. "Caraselle" Clair. That guy is a bum.

4) Pick up so good LBs in the Draft or FA. My main focus has always been Def, especially the D-Line and Safeties. Winfield will give you 4-5 productive yrs., but he eventually gets too old.

After 11yrs, I have 8 playoff visits and 3 Superbowl visits and 2 victories

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »