Home

1987-88 roster (360)

This is a discussion on 1987-88 roster (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 23
1987-88 roster (360)

merry christmas, seasons greetings, happy holidays, and all that good stuff.

2kshare: 1988

gamertag: PORTLANDBLAZER

transfer kit users click here: http://rapidshare.com/files/325758660/1988_2k10.z36

heres a link to the info for the 87-88 season: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_1988.html

all but 3 teams have at least 10 players, l*kers and pistons have 12. i will be doing 1990 next and four expansion teams were added since 88 so i have to figure out what i will do with 200 caps. maybe 8 or 9 guys per team or make playoff teams accurate and then starting 5s for the rest or maybe playoffs and then 4 or so other teams like i did for 2k9. suggestions appreciated.

again, these roster are recommended for quick game only unless you know a workaround to the vanishing legends glitch in season or association.

any advice or suggestions for tweeks to tendencies, coach sliders, etc is welcome. i put this roster together pretty quickly so if you notice anything i overlooked please let me know, i wouldnt say i was rushing this roster but some very late nights were put in and i may have forgot something while half asleep.

ya know what would be cool? if we could put together a playlist of songs from the mid eighties to go along with this and the 1986 roster. i think that would add a great deal of realism and nostalgia to go along with these 80s rosters. then later maybe a early 90s playlist and a late 90s. if anyone remembers some songs that used to be played in arenas back then please share. i dont think a playlist for each team would be necessary, just a general list of songs to be played in all arenas would do the trick. so we dont have to hear gwen steffani or 50 cent while magic goes behind the back no look. i would try to tackle it by myself but i got so much time invested into doing these rosters and really dont know what im doing when it comes to editing songs reverb and stuff so if any one wants to volunteer or thinks they can help that would be great.

enjoy!

i just noticed something i missed.... in both the 86 and 88 rosters some how dominiques free throw accidentally got changed to "bent elbow", it should be "bent down". i would re-up the files but i dont want to use up the 2kshare slots for such a minor fix.

Last edited by portlandblazer; 12-30-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 1987-88 roster (360)

Just in time for Christmas! Thank you, again.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
merry christmas, seasons greetings, happy holidays, and all that good stuff.

2kshare: 1988

gamertag: PORTLANDBLAZER

transfer kit users click here: http://rapidshare.com/files/325758660/1988_2k10.z36

heres a link to the info for the 87-88 season: http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_1988.html

all but 3 teams have at least 10 players, l*kers and pistons have 12. i will be doing 1990 next and four expansion teams were added since 88 so i have to figure out what i will do with 200 caps. maybe 8 or 9 guys per team or make playoff teams accurate and then starting 5s for the rest or maybe playoffs and then 4 or so other teams like i did for 2k9. suggestions appreciated.

again, these roster are recommended for quick game only unless you know a workaround to the vanishing legends glitch in season or association.

any advice or suggestions for tweeks to tendencies, coach sliders, etc is welcome. i put this roster together pretty quickly so if you notice anything i overlooked please let me know, i wouldnt say i was rushing this roster but some very late nights were put in and i may have forgot something while half asleep.

ya know what would be cool? if we could put together a playlist of songs from the mid eighties to go along with this and the 1986 roster. i think that would add a great deal of realism and nostalgia to go along with these 80s rosters. then later maybe a early 90s playlist and a late 90s. if anyone remembers some songs that used to be played in arenas back then please share. i dont think a playlist for each team would be necessary, just a general list of songs to be played in all arenas would do the trick. so we dont have to hear gwen steffani or 50 cent while magic goes behind the back no look. i would try to tackle it by myself but i got so much time invested into doing these rosters and really dont know what im doing when it comes to editing songs reverb and stuff so if any one wants to volunteer or thinks they can help that would be great.

enjoy!
I think the music would be a great idea. I happened to have a few 80's tracks come on during time-outs with the 1986 roster and it was pretty sweet and timely (White Wedding, Michael Jackson).

And as always, thanks for the new roster. I'm sure it'll be awesome.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Blazer, I knew you were going to do this... Good look my dude...
Old 12-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

based off of this 1988 file I already created, and posted a 1986-87 file on xbox live under "Gary T 1986"

portland I was hoping you would look into polishing up this file, then re-releasing it since alot of work is done.

Here is what is done:

all players were moved to their correct teams for the 1986-87 season. There are some missing players, some starters. not too many. I will list the names of everyone important that is missing. I tried to upload some missing players using the 86 file to 2k share, then download, but it didn't work because all of the CAP slots are filled.

I did not update contracts, or info like years pro, and players age. years pro and age would have to be decreased by one year for each player. I did not mess with any players ratings or tendencies except for Dr. J Julius Erving since a 90 rating and 80 something shot tendency were both too high in my opinion for his last year in the NBA, as the torch has been passed to Barkley.

I added 3 new teams for the cavs, bullets, and bucks to more accurately represent the uniforms and colors they wore that year. The players on those teams, as well as the sonics, and all star teams are all still from 87-88 however.

Missing Players

Phoenix: rookies william bedbord, rafael addison, kenny gattison

LA Clippers: marques johnson, rory white

cleveland: none missing, but johnny newman is on the roster and should be removed

new york: none

new jersey: ray williams, ben coleman, jeff turner

sacramento: derek smith, mark olberding

san antonio: david greenwood, johnny moore

portland: kenny carr

philadelphia: none

milwaukee: none

chicago: mike brown, granville waiters, pete myers

boston: darren daye, rick carlisle

atlanta: jon koncak

utah: darrell griffith, carey scurry, kent benson

la lakers: adrian branch

denver: mark alarie, maurice martin

indiana: kyle macy, clint richardson

detroit: none

houston: dirk minnifield, buck johnson, richard anderson (none may have not played in enough games to qualify however)

dallas: none

seattle: eddie johnson 6'2, not the other eddie johnson-he's on the kings

golden state: perry moss, chris washburn, greg ballard, jerome whitehead (would really like to see washburn in his only year in the nba where he played 30+ games)

washington: ennis whatley, darwin cook

Last edited by GaryT531; 12-25-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

thanks, portland! your 2k8 files are still my favorite, but i appreciate your continual efforts on these.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:46 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
based off of this 1988 file I already created, and posted a 1986-87 file on xbox live under "Gary T 1986"

portland I was hoping you would look into polishing up this file, then re-releasing it since alot of work is done.

Here is what is done:

all players were moved to their correct teams for the 1986-87 season. There are some missing players, some starters. not too many. I will list the names of everyone important that is missing. I tried to upload some missing players using the 86 file to 2k share, then download, but it didn't work because all of the CAP slots are filled.

I did not update contracts, or info like years pro, and players age. years pro and age would have to be decreased by one year for each player. I did not mess with any players ratings or tendencies except for Dr. J Julius Erving since a 90 rating and 80 something shot tendency were both too high in my opinion for his last year in the NBA, as the torch has been passed to Barkley.

I added 3 new teams for the cavs, bullets, and bucks to more accurately represent the uniforms and colors they wore that year. The players on those teams, as well as the sonics, and all star teams are all still from 87-88 however.

Missing Players

Phoenix: rookies william bedbord, rafael addison, kenny gattison

LA Clippers: marques johnson, rory white

cleveland: none missing, but johnny newman is on the roster and should be removed

new york: none

new jersey: ray williams, ben coleman, jeff turner

sacramento: derek smith, mark olberding

san antonio: david greenwood, johnny moore

portland: kenny carr

philadelphia: none

milwaukee: none

chicago: mike brown, granville waiters, pete myers

boston: darren daye, rick carlisle

atlanta: jon koncak

utah: darrell griffith, carey scurry, kent benson

la lakers: adrian branch

denver: mark alarie, maurice martin

indiana: kyle macy, clint richardson

detroit: none

houston: dirk minnifield, buck johnson, richard anderson (none may have not played in enough games to qualify however)

dallas: none

seattle: eddie johnson 6'2, not the other eddie johnson-he's on the kings

golden state: perry moss, chris washburn, greg ballard, jerome whitehead (would really like to see washburn in his only year in the nba where he played 30+ games)

washington: ennis whatley, darwin cook
ill check it out but i wouldnt be able to finish it up in one night. i spend at least an hour per team editing the players attributes, tendencies, appearances, accessories, setting rotations and all that to reflect how each player played and looked in that particular season. creating all the missing players takes several days on top of that. then theres coach profiles and testing simmed stats. not to diminish the work you put in but a week minimum would be needed for the roster to be up to my standards. i simply dont have the time to take on another 80s roster, if i were going to do 87 i would have done it before 88. feel free however to upload some caps from the 86 roster if you need them to fill out this 87 roster but of course you will need to delete some first and 50 of the caps are un-deletable so you may need to figure out which players you want to keep and which players are deletable etc... first.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey PB I cant download the rosters off of the 2K share any idea why?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »