Home

Fight Night Round 4 Round Robin Tournament

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Round Robin Tournament within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Fight Night Round 4 Round Robin Tournament

I am gauging the interest in a 12 fighter PS3 tournament with a point system as follows

2 points for a win
1 points for a draw
0 points for a loss

Each fighter fights every other fighter twice so the maximum points attainable would be 44. The top 8 point totals would then be bracketed in the Fight-Off seeded as follows;

Top Half
1 vs. 8
3 vs. 6

Bottom Half
2 vs. 7
4 vs. 5

Format

I will create a blog here on operation sports to track match ups and standings. My first thought is to have the stats from each fight emailed to me, so I can update the blog. I don’t want to say you have to fight a certain number of times a week etc. I'm a grown *** man with a family and a life. I will say though let's try to get at least 3 or four fights in a week. I know with me the times i play and get online are, for the most part, pretty predictable. I would assume it's the same for others, so if I had each player time zone and most likely times their online, maybe I could create match ups with a 12 or 24 hour window to get the fight off.

The organizers will determine a Boxer list and weight class once we are certain that enough interest has been garnered.

Initial fight selection process will be one of the following;

a) By date of thread expressing interest

b) By number selection (ie. Pick a number between 1 and 500 the order is then by closet to farthest to that number.)

c) Special thread for fighter selection then first to request a fighter gets that fighter. Thread date and time will determine, along with organizer response that a particular fighter has been chosen, along with a first post edit of the latest boxer-player list until all players have a boxer assigned to them.

Rules

NO BUTTONS ONLY ANALOG

An email of the fight stats must be sent to the tournament email address to be recorded

Once I receipt of the email of the fight results that fight is recorded.

No cheese tactics, we want only sim style fighters, In order to participate you have to either fight your way in, or receive an invite by one of the organizers. There will be 1 or 2 organizers that you have to schedule a fight with to determine if you are a sim style fighter.

In the event that a player drops out of the tournament he/she will be replaced by someone on the waiting list who will inherit that players points and position. if there is no one on the waiting list to replace the dropped out player, that player will stand with whatever point total and position they are currently at for the rest of the tournament with no other fights scheduled.
If that person happens to still have enough points to make the fight-offs, (not likely) then the fight off to which that player is seeded will be forfeited and the opponent will receive a bye into the next round.

Only two fights against any other tournament player will be recorded and points assigned, and it will only be the first two fight result email's received by the tournament organizer.

Any point discrepancies will have to proven through screen shots or video in the event of such an occurrence.

Comments

The only way this will work and be fun is if the following occurs;

1) We have dedicated Sim players

2) We respect each others time when scheduling and completing fights.

3) Information and standings are updated in a timely fashion.

Please leave your PSNID if interested

MrMars

Last edited by MrMars; 12-15-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Round Robin Tournament

Not a bad idea. Label me as "interested". If you see enough people wanna sign up, like pappy, and davedq and such. I should have time for this.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Not a bad idea. Label me as "interested". If you see enough people wanna sign up, like pappy, and davedq and such. I should have time for this.
"Interested" as well. If you get a large group with regular OS'ers I'm in.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #4

OVR: 34

Quote:
I'd love to but I'm on the 360.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'd love to but I'm on the 360.
LMAO I just realized it was for 360 opps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
LMAO I just realized it was for 360 opps
The OP asked for PSN Id's.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'd like to sign up. Sounds good to me. ps3 handle is afitcrews. Shoot me a request anytime.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #8
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

I would be interested, but rather than choosing real fighters it might be fun to be able to use created boxers with a capped overall rating. Just an idea.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »