Home

The least popular game(s) you absolutely love?

This is a discussion on The least popular game(s) you absolutely love? within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
The least popular game(s) you absolutely love?

We all have them, games we absolutely love that people have either never heard or games that everyone just hates but for some reason you love.

I am teaching myself (teaching, as in work) how to play the Paradox Interactive Games like Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron. A lot of hardcore PC players love those games but every single one of my friends who ask me what I'm playing just laugh at me. I guess I would be just better off not telling them.

Have any of those?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Pro

Uhfan's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The least popular game(s) you absolutely love?

Brave Fencer Musashi for PS2- done by Squaresoft- sort of like a cartoon version of Super Metroid and Link.

Final Fantasy Tactics- again by Squaresoft- it has critical acclaim in all reviews but I don't think it is as popular as the regular Final Fantasys.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Legend of Legaia on PSOne. similar playstyle as Final Fantasy(or at least the older ones, I haven't played FF since VII or VIII). not sure why I enjoyed that game, but I did. I Don't like that style of RPGs that much.

Zombies Ate my Neighbors on SNES. not sure how popular that game was, but I loved that game.

I enjoy most the the "tycoon" games. Railroad, Roller Coaster, and just about any Tycoon game I'll try. I like to build things up, I guess. there was a game that came out on PSOne and PC called A-Train. that game was pretty fun. I can't find it anywhere now though. I had it on PSOne, but not sure where the disc is. I still have the case for it. I tried the PC version, but couldn't get it to work on XP.

Star Trek: Bridge Commander. you were a captain of a star ship in a first person view(the view was your eyes). was a pretty neat idea for a Star Trek game. not sure how known or popular it was though, so don't know if it qualifies. I wouldn't say it was good, but it was a fun game to run through at least once. it had online I believe, but I never tried it.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 12-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

2 games for the Genesis. The first was Cyborg Justice. You made your own cyborg and picked his parts and weapons and went around fighting other cyborgs. You could rip the other cyborgs up and take their bodies, heads, legs, and weapons.

The next is Home Alone for the Genesis. I think the SNES version was different. But in the one for the Genesis, you have to protect each house on the neighborhood. You find items and construct weapons and set traps and stuff. lol...that game was sweet.

Also, way of the Samurai for PSone. It was kind of crappy, because it felt unfinished and didn't make any sense, but collecting the different swords was cool.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhfan
Final Fantasy Tactics- again by Squaresoft- it has critical acclaim in all reviews but I don't think it is as popular as the regular Final Fantasys.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Aside from the really, really poor translation, I still play this game. I wish I had a PSP to play the remake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhfan
Brave Fencer Musashi for PS2- done by Squaresoft- sort of like a cartoon version of Super Metroid and Link.
Loved this game.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

Railroad Tycoon 2 for the PS1 was a great game to play; I wish they would come out with one for the PS3.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Legend of Legaia on PSOne. similar playstyle as Final Fantasy(or at least the older ones, I haven't played FF since VII or VIII). not sure why I enjoyed that game, but I did. I Don't like that style of RPGs that much.

Zombies Ate my Neighbors on SNES. not sure how popular that game was, but I loved that game.

I enjoy most the the "tycoon" games. Railroad, Roller Coaster, and just about any Tycoon game I'll try. I like to build things up, I guess. there was a game that came out on PSOne and PC called A-Train. that game was pretty fun. I can't find it anywhere now though. I had it on PSOne, but not sure where the disc is. I still have the case for it. I tried the PC version, but couldn't get it to work on XP.

Star Trek: Bridge Commander. you were a captain of a star ship in a first person view(the view was your eyes). was a pretty neat idea for a Star Trek game. not sure how known or popular it was though, so don't know if it qualifies. I wouldn't say it was good, but it was a fun game to run through at least once. it had online I believe, but I never tried it.
First of all, Big Ups on the Avatar. Second of all, Legaia and FF Tactics may not get that much pub, but they are both actually very popular and beloved games with gamers.

I'm going to go back to the 16-bit era and pick two RPG's that I bet few here have have even heard of, let alone played.

Landstalker for the Sega Genesis, and Brain Lord for the Super NES.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »