Home

Patriots OLB Adalius Thomas hates his coach

This is a discussion on Patriots OLB Adalius Thomas hates his coach within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16
Patriots OLB Adalius Thomas hates his coach

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sp...osition=recent

Highlights:

Q: What can you tell us about yesterday?
AT: “I got sent home, that’s pretty much it, for being late.

Q: Have you spoken with Bill Belichick since?
T: “For what?

Q: Is there a rift between you and Belichick?
AT: “You have to ask him about that. I have no idea. I just do what I’m told. I was told to go home so that’s what I did.”

Q: Do you feel compelled to say something to them – an apology or what have you?
AT: “I don’t know. That’s one thing about Mother Nature. You can’t control that. You can’t run people over getting to work. There is nothing to really apologize about. I didn’t try to be late. That’s basically it, though. I don’t know what else to say. You leave home, you have people there, cars sitting in the road, you’re sitting there, what do you do? It’s not the Jetsons, I can’t jump up and just fly. What the heck am I supposed to do?

Q: Do you feel like you are being treated professionally?
AT: “That’s a personal thing. He’s the head coach, he makes all the calls and so whether you agree with it or not, you just roll with them. That’s why they pay him to be the head coach. He has that title so he doesn’t have to have a reason to send me home. You just have to abide by it. I was told to go home, I went home, enjoyed my day off, put my toes up in the air and relaxed.

Q: Can what happened yesterday serve as motivation?
AT: “Motivation is for Kindergarteners. I’m not a Kindergartner. Sending somebody home, that’s like ‘He’s expelled, come back and make good grades.’ Get that (stuff) out of here. That’s ridiculous. Motivation?

Q: Really, what’s going on?
AT: “I wish I could give you some answers. I really do. I don’t know. I mean, you’re told to call and you call, you get sent home. That’s not an excuse. I mean, I could have been in the ditch. They really don’t give a damn, honestly. Hey, as long as you ain’t in the meeting, they really don’t give a (expletive).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Patriots OLB Adalius Thomas hates his coach

I figured, and hoped, someone would start a thread on this since I was too lazy to.

All I really want to say about this is Lawyer Milloy his *** and move on. He's not essential to the defense, he clearly has no interest in being a member or this team anymore, and it's time to get rid of him. I wouldn't cut him this season, but I'd be perfectly fine with Belichick making him inactive for the rest of the season and getting him out of town at the end of the season. There is absolutely no way I see Thomas in a Patriots uniform next season.

And I'm sorry, but weather is not an excuse when you live in Massachusetts. You know once December comes there are going to be days where the weather is ****ty and you have to plan ahead. It doesn't seem like any of the other members of the team had a hard time leaving a little earlier than usual to make sure they arrived on time.

Last edited by Beantown; 12-10-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

This is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
I was told to go home, I went home, enjoyed my day off, put my toes up in the air and relaxed.”
Old 12-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

No sympathy for Thomas from me. Belichick was right in sending him home.

Quote:
And I'm sorry, but weather is not an excuse when you live in Massachusetts. You know once December comes there are going to be days where the weather is ****ty and you have to plan ahead. I don't know if the situation would have been any different had Thomas, Moss, Guyton, or Burgess informed the organization that they were going to be late...but it doesn't seem like any of the other memebrs of the team had a hard time leaving a little earlier than usual to make sure they arrived on time.
Bingo.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
I figured, and hoped, someone would start a thread on this since I was too lazy to.

All I really want to say about this is Lawyer Milloy his *** and move on. He's not essential to the defense, he clearly has no interest in being a member or this team anymore, and it's time to get rid of him. I wouldn't cut him this season, but I'd be perfectly fine with Belichick making him inactive for the rest of the season and getting him out of town at the end of the season. There is absolutely no way I see Thomas in a Patriots uniform next season.

And I'm sorry, but weather is not an excuse when you live in Massachusetts. You know once December comes there are going to be days where the weather is ****ty and you have to plan ahead. It doesn't seem like any of the other members of the team had a hard time leaving a little earlier than usual to make sure they arrived on time.
This. Completely agree. I think it's ridiculous he has an attitude towards it and basically doesn't give a damn. It was funny when he said he went home, had a nice day off, and relaxed but that's basically another way of saying he doesn't care, doesn't want to be there, etc.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Clearly the guy isn't on the same page as the team, nor is he a contributor in any way. I'm pretty sure they'll bundle him and ship him out for even more draft picks and he'll waste away on the Browns', Raiders' of the league.
PSN: El_Greazy
Currently Playing: Red Dead 2, Party Animals
Old 12-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

Adalius and I have something in common!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 47

So what did Randy have to say? That is the one I want to hear from. If the Patriots were smart they should cut all the players that came late that day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »