Home

I think i have found something to help get better sim stats in Franchise

This is a discussion on I think i have found something to help get better sim stats in Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7
I think i have found something to help get better sim stats in Franchise

Well last night i was playing franchise. I play with all 32 teams so i am half way through week one and i go into coach sliders and do some editing.

I lower the Priority slider to 20 for everything except all o line postions. I sim a game and was amazed that the Giants and the Redskins had 4 rushing TD's between them. So i do bout 5 other diffrent games and pretty much the same.

I sim a season and the results are awesome. 4 guys with over 4000 yards passing 4 guys with over 30 plus TDs throwing. The
Rushing leaders was the biggest improvement 14 people over 1000 Yards rushing 9 of those rushers had over 12 TD's each. 4 other non 1000 rushers had Ten TD seasons.

Receving TDs and yards dropped as well i was stunned. I did four more seasons to see if it was a one off and pretty much the same everytime.

So the priority does affect stats in some way don't know excatly. Also when you play a game lineman seem to get a lot more pancakes been averaging about 4 a game using these. Also the big issue back ups RBS getting about 3.8. TO 4.1 rushing ypc better than 1.7. i have been seeing before.

Also the highest amount of sacks by a team in those four season were 58. Great results.

OK that is my little rant i hope it helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: I think i have found something to help get better sim stats in Franchise

I've been wondering what the priority sliders actually do. I've tinkered with them myself but I haven't seen a big difference in RB tds. Could be that I didn't change them as drastically as you did.

The lowest I moved any players priority slider was 50. I'm going to try moving the sliders lower to see what happens.

The thing is, are priority sliders the setting for what coaches focus on as far as drafting during the off season, or are the sliders used for what player is focused on during actual games?

From your outcome it seems that the sliders are for actual games, and that is the road I've taken also. For example, I sifted through all 32 teams and based the priority sliders around the strengths and weakness of each team.

If the team has a great QB, keep priority slider at 100. Average RB? Ok, I lower the RB priority down to around 60 or 70. Speedy RBS? Priority slider 80 and set the bottom slider to speed (empty slider box), etc, etc.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:49 AM   #3
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I've been wondering what the priority sliders actually do. I've tinkered with them myself but I haven't seen a big difference in RB tds. Could be that I didn't change them as drastically as you did.

The lowest I moved any players priority slider was 50. I'm going to try moving the sliders lower to see what happens.

The thing is, are priority sliders the setting for what coaches focus on as far as drafting during the off season, or are the sliders used for what player is focused on during actual games?

From your outcome it seems that the sliders are for actual games, and that is the road I've taken also. For example, I sifted through all 32 teams and based the priority sliders around the strengths and weakness of each team.

If the team has a great QB, keep priority slider at 100. Average RB? Ok, I lower the RB priority down to around 60 or 70. Speedy RBS? Priority slider 80 and set the bottom slider to speed (empty slider box), etc, etc.

Yeah this is what i thought it was for as well the draftign logic. But with the results it seems not. Here is what i did regarding your question For QBS set the slider to the rating to what the overall is. I understand for 89 ovr QBS just set it to 90. Everything else 20 except OLINE players.

Also for all the players that are rated 99 or 98 just put it to 100 i have found that these players perform better in sim and in a acutal game.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:52 AM   #4
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

wow, this is very interesting... i'm def gonna have to do some testing. If this works like you say, it would be awesome

if not, i'm now gonna be extremely disappointed lol
Old 11-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #5
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
wow, this is very interesting... i'm def gonna have to do some testing. If this works like you say, it would be awesome

if not, i'm now gonna be extremely disappointed lol

It is Madden lol you are going to get dissapointed somehow. But if it worked for four seasons then maybe it does. I can"t tell anyone here that your going to get 100% superb results. I know bill you are a guru at these things so you might be able to enhance it even better.

I am going to do some testing later tonight and ill post some results tommrow.

Also i suggest simming game by game that is how i done my results..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 04:45 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

It would be great if we had some type of tutorial that explains what coach scheme sliders really do ya know.

From the stats you posted it seems like you might be on to something. Guess we were thinking the same way. I dont think I'm going to have time this week to really get in depth with this though.

One more thing that worries me. This is pretty much the first time anyone has really talked about these particular sliders. I've seen threads regarding "run vs pass" sliders and aggressiveness but never priority sliders.

I think we might be delving into some completely untested waters with these. Will the same problems arise as with the "original" sliders that everyone plays around with? Things like, do these sliders even work, are they backwards, how powerful, do they affect sim as well as played games, etc, etc.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

ths is just what i've been looking for,i just starting my first 32 team franchise but i just control the browns and make all GM desicions for everyone else,i hope this can help the fact the through 8 game there are 13 team with 1 or fewer rushing touchdowns
Old 11-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #8
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

has anyone else confirmed this? If this is true it stinks that we didn't find this earlier because patch 2 is to fix it all

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »