Home

Recruiting Tips

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Rookie

vatopa09's Arena

OVR: 2
Recruiting Tips

I have had this game ever since it was released but I haven't played it in over a year. And I seem to be struggling a little to bring in the top recruits or the top overall class and I was wondering what some of your guys recruiting methods are like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 04:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Pyro's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Tips

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ss-arcane.html (pg.2 to be exact(

this thread actually has some good recruiting tips. like playing the ABL to scout the players you want, and start recruiting a player with they're a junior etc. etc.

check it out.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
Rookie

vatopa09's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks
Old 12-13-2009, 03:54 AM   #4
Rookie

cobinacolada's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ss-arcane.html (pg.2 to be exact(

this thread actually has some good recruiting tips. like playing the ABL to scout the players you want, and start recruiting a player with they're a junior etc. etc.

check it out.
thank you, i'm new to the game, got it around thanksgiving and have loved it
Old 12-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

jcofor25's Arena

OVR: 8

I always look for schools that are around my league. If you are Georgia Southern, and a 3* recruit has interest in Georgia tech you more than likely wont land him unless you have you a few championships and ranked yearly with that school.

The best time to find recruits is at the beginning of their Junior year. When they are junoirs you can add them to your targets and call them weekly. If they played in ABL and you scouted them you will pretty much have all their grade ratings at your disposal. Then all you need to do is find out his priorities at the beginning of next year. Now they are senoirs. If your are not in the top 3 or very close, its best not to go after him unless you meet most of his priorities. Freshmen and Sophmores you can only call during the off-season, and once during the season. I usually just have them on my target list if i dont have all my targets full of Jr's and Sr's.

If you are at a small school your weekly points will be limited, so local recruits will cost less time than regional. Most of all your points should be used at the beginning of your season. This is where you are most even with all the teams. Once again, by the 4th week you should know if you should fight for him or not. Most of the points after conference play starts should just for weekly phone calls. Bigger schools usually have more points to spend.

I found out that landing the #1 recruit is a game of chance. Calling 5* Jr weekly will help peak his interest in your school. Once they are Sr's you might just have a top ten in your sights, or if you get lucky a #1. I have never played with a #1 recruit but did sign one once. Left that school for my dream job. That was on 2k7
---->PURE Post Scorer Highlights<-----
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »