Home

re-negotiating contracts mid-season in association

This is a discussion on re-negotiating contracts mid-season in association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
re-negotiating contracts mid-season in association

hey, just wondering if that problem from last year is still around where if you re-negotiate with a guy mid-season his contract in future years will be messed up. im at work now, so if i dont get an answer tonight i can test it out when i get home, but id rather not have it festering in my brain all night

thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 01:33 AM   #2
Pro

Re: re-negotiating contracts mid-season in association

anyone?
Old 11-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
Pro

bump...still at work and still hoping for an answer
Old 11-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm 99% certain there is no way. Unless its a case where the person signed an extension in real life you could just edit it by editing the player. For players that are in the last year of their rookie contract I always just let them go out to free agency and then match their offer sheet if they happen to sign one.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
Pro

thanks for the reply, but im not sure you know what im asking. im not asking if something is possible to do, i know its possible to re-negotiate with a guy in the last year of his contract. what im wondering about is if the bug from last year is still in the game where if you do re-negotiate, the contract will be messed up in future years. know what i mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
thanks for the reply, but im not sure you know what im asking. im not asking if something is possible to do, i know its possible to re-negotiate with a guy in the last year of his contract. what im wondering about is if the bug from last year is still in the game where if you do re-negotiate, the contract will be messed up in future years. know what i mean?

are you talking about when you right click and check their morale and it says something about "im willing to work out an extension immedately" or something like that?

NBA:Chicago Bulls
NFL:Dallas Cowboys
MLB:New York Mets
NCAA:Uconn
Old 11-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by richyung62
are you talking about when you right click and check their morale and it says something about "im willing to work out an extension immedately" or something like that?
Yes he is. Last year, if you worked out a deal during the season, the first year of his contract would be fine, but then after that, he would play for free for the rest of his contract. I did that once last year and ended up with half my team playing for $0 by accident. Really helped me with cap space though lol. But yeah, I'd like to know if this is still in the game too, although I feel like I asked it earlier and someone answered, but I don't remember.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #8
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Yes he is. Last year, if you worked out a deal during the season, the first year of his contract would be fine, but then after that, he would play for free for the rest of his contract. I did that once last year and ended up with half my team playing for $0 by accident. Really helped me with cap space though lol. But yeah, I'd like to know if this is still in the game too, although I feel like I asked it earlier and someone answered, but I don't remember.

I think that's not the case this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »