Home

Biggest Mistake Buying Live

This is a discussion on Biggest Mistake Buying Live within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Biggest Mistake Buying Live

Here I was perfectly content and happy playing 2k10. Then just like back when we had football and baseball game choices, I got to wondering what the other game had. I have never owned a Live game before so I had no pre-conceived notions. Target had a sale this week on EA games, I had recently sold U2, so I had a little money burning a hole in my pocket. I pop the game in and immediately fell in love with it. Now I have two games I immensely enjoy playing. Both games itch me where I scratch. Now I have two games I can't put down; why didn't I just walk past the game aisle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Biggest Mistake Buying Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Here I was perfectly content and happy playing 2k10. Then just like back when we had football and baseball game choices, I got to wondering what the other game had. I have never owned a Live game before so I had no pre-conceived notions. Target had a sale this week on EA games, I had recently sold U2, so I had a little money burning a hole in my pocket. I pop the game in and immediately fell in love with it. Now I have two games I immensely enjoy playing. Both games itch me where I scratch. Now I have two games I can't put down; why didn't I just walk past the game aisle?

Tell me about it. The only sports game that I have not picked up this year is PES. Not because I don't like it, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO PLAY ALL THE GAMES.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Tell me about it. The only sports game that I have not picked up this year is PES. Not because I don't like it, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO PLAY ALL THE GAMES.
I don't know how I am going to get both games in. Ah, who needs to sleep anyway?

What will make me keep Live for the long hall is the FIBA and Playoff features. Those will be be fun to play this summer.

How blessed we are to have two such well-made games. After what we have experienced with football and baseball the last few years, we shouldn't bitch about either of these games, really. At least we have a choice!

*****Disclaimer*****
I am not saying we have had poor football or baseball games (God no not baseball when we have the Show) I mean by not really having a choice.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
Rookie

KingCashus's Arena

OVR: 6

That's good to hear. I just ordered Live from Amazon.com (PS3, havn't played/bought NBA2K10), and I've been looking forward to devoting long nights to a basketball game this winter. Tired of looking at youtube videos/operation sports/2ksports highlights. Should get it by Tuesday.

Since these two games give two different experiences, which would YOU say gives you a better "scratch", as you called it.

NBA 2K14 Next Gen is a must-buy.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCashus
That's good to hear. I just ordered Live from Amazon.com (PS3, havn't played/bought NBA2K10), and I've been looking forward to devoting long nights to a basketball game this winter. Tired of looking at youtube videos/operation sports/2ksports highlights. Should get it by Tuesday.

Since these two games give two different experiences, which would YOU say gives you a better "scratch", as you called it.
I'm glad you asked. It seems to be the no-no question to ask. I would love to discuss with someone at least.

Overall, 2k10 has the entire package. The presentation on 2k is just plain sweet. When I play 2k, the games I get into, I am fist pumping and jumping from my seat, hyper-ventilating after a game. Just an experience. I haven't even touched My Player yet, NBA Today is all I ever get into.

Now Live is no slouch. What I think it does better is in a few areas. One is how the players move smoothly between moves and into shots. Another is in the half court game. I love how you run your offense and how the defense will react. It is just pretty. The right stick is used as dynamic dribbling in Live which makes moves easier to make compared to the other game. I like the DNA feature. Their NBA Today like feature is similar to 2k but just different to make it unique.

What I wish Live had is Intense Defense like what is in 2k. Playing defense in Live is tough because of lack of control, IMO. And, I wish the presentation was better, but it is still not bad.

You will not be disappointed with Live at all, guaranteed. If you have the extra cash to get 2k also, I highly recommend. It is so nice to have two games. No way will I get bored with video basketball this winter. The Christmas break is going to be a ball fest, I tell you what. Keep me posted. Maybe we could play some online, though I don't ever play online at all. Also, check out Da Czar's videos here at OS for some how to videos.

So to answer your question, I would say 2k by a smidge, but no worries when you own both. Now, I just hope I don't end up getting NCAA Basketball 10. I really don't know how I could handle 3 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 12

I could only afford to get one. (both time and finance wise)

I chose to go with Live. It has more than satisfied my armchair bball coaching itch.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #7
Rookie

KingCashus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I'm glad you asked. It seems to be the no-no question to ask. I would love to discuss with someone at least.

Overall, 2k10 has the entire package. The presentation on 2k is just plain sweet. When I play 2k, the games I get into, I am fist pumping and jumping from my seat, hyper-ventilating after a game. Just an experience. I haven't even touched My Player yet, NBA Today is all I ever get into.

Now Live is no slouch. What I think it does better is in a few areas. One is how the players move smoothly between moves and into shots. Another is in the half court game. I love how you run your offense and how the defense will react. It is just pretty. The right stick is used as dynamic dribbling in Live which makes moves easier to make compared to the other game. I like the DNA feature. Their NBA Today like feature is similar to 2k but just different to make it unique.

What I wish Live had is Intense Defense like what is in 2k. Playing defense in Live is tough because of lack of control, IMO. And, I wish the presentation was better, but it is still not bad.

You will not be disappointed with Live at all, guaranteed. If you have the extra cash to get 2k also, I highly recommend. It is so nice to have two games. No way will I get bored with video basketball this winter. The Christmas break is going to be a ball fest, I tell you what. Keep me posted. Maybe we could play some online, though I don't ever play online at all. Also, check out Da Czar's videos here at OS for some how to videos.

So to answer your question, I would say 2k by a smidge, but no worries when you own both. Now, I just hope I don't end up getting NCAA Basketball 10. I really don't know how I could handle 3 games.
Great post. Yeah I rarely get online until about the spring when I want a break from my franchise. But, thanks for your words, because all these posts about "Live is broken", started to have me worried.

I was almost sold on 2k's presentation, but I bought 2 straights years of 2k (still play College Hoops 2K8); I'm tapped out from their gameplay. Live 09 kinda drew me in when I rented it last year.

Good to know a die-hard player like yourself is enjoying Live, and 2k10 for that matter.

NBA 2K14 Next Gen is a must-buy.

Last edited by KingCashus; 11-27-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:56 AM   #8
Rookie

Warrior8o8's Arena

OVR: 3

I can't believe i feel for the hype everybody made it out to be when the game came out. Why or why did i waste my money on this crap...gah dammit!

*whoops should have read the post first..thought y'all were talking about how sh*tty Live is...my mistake* lol

Last edited by Warrior8o8; 11-27-2009 at 01:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »