Home

Positive aspects (Solely gameplay related)

This is a discussion on Positive aspects (Solely gameplay related) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Positive aspects (Solely gameplay related)

I think most people would agree by now that this game has a few serious issues.

One thing LIVE has done really poorly over the years is to chop and change stuff all the time...rather than build off a solid platform. (The semi decent post game of LIVE 09 became a generic throw back to the pre sig days of 2003 in LIVE 10).

So, in the itnerests of EA actually keeping the good stuff "in place" next time they make changes, maybe we could combine to list things about the gameplay that you don't want changed. (No need for presentation and commentary stuff here...just on the court stuff)

The way EA has always been...you half expect them to finally get the fastbreaks perfect for LIVE 11...and then destroy the half court game. They need to build on what they have, not ruin one part to make another better.

I'll start:

- The play sets. These are great IMO. They are team specific, the triangle offense is done better than any game has ever done it...great stuff. Keep all of it and add more.

- Play calling. Easy to do. Best ever in an NBA game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Positive aspects (Solely gameplay related)

- The shooting. Best ever gameplay 'feel' for shooting jumpers. Smooth, responsive, fun, accurate. Also a lot of variety in terms of step backs, running left/right etc and the best and most realistic animations for jumpshooting.

- The dribble moves/right stick. Much like the explanations above for shooting, the dribble moves are silk. The right stick is better for dribble moves than shooting and Live 10 shows why. Super responsive and fairly effective. Right stick triple threat is great too.

- Frame rate. Live has been advertising 60fps for years but honestly haven't come close. This year they just about live up to that claim. Very smooth consistent frame rate.

I'll be interested to see what else is added but for a bball game, if you nail the shooting, dribbling and the game runs smooth you've laid the groundwork for a fun game at the very least and the features I listed are a big part of why I rate Live on top this year and possibly the best ever NBA game I've played.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

off ball control. love using it to get guys open or cutting. only minor gripe would be wishing threshold for what constitutes a button tap is bigger, as sometimes I take control of player instead of pass when I feel like I'm tapping the button. otherwise, good stuff!
Old 11-24-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Freestyle passing. One of the best gameplay additions imo. Takes a while to get use to but after a while it becomes second nature.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

I'll add the pick and roll...it's done very well in this game. Maybe just needs to be made a bit stronger (the pick man). Build on it.

I agree with all the posts above so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 20

Court spacing and help defense. All the next gen Live's have had great court spacing. It's very fun to throw it in the post, draw the double, then swing it around with your outside shooters until you get the open trey.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

The overall pace of the game. And the fact that you don't have to force yourself to take jumpers. Everything happens within the flow of the game.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 11-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
Rookie

nron's Arena

OVR: 4

I love the replays after fouls. Basketball games have always only ever had replays after made shots, but in real life, they show replays for all sorts of situations. Live does this well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »