Home

The Boise State Broncos (CH 2k8)

This is a discussion on The Boise State Broncos (CH 2k8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
The Boise State Broncos (CH 2k8)

I am going to start this up next post, but first I am just going to give a little summary of what I am going to be doing.

The first three seasons of this were simulated, and all I did was recruiting. In the first four posts, there will be summaries of the seasons and a season preview for the 2010-2011 season. I am then going to play the games (12 minutes, all american with my own sliders, with adjustments if needed). The only reason the first three seasons were simmed was to get my own recruits in the game.

Hope you guys like it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Boise State Broncos (CH 2k8)

New Coach Disapoints in First Season
Boise, Idaho-- Fans and followers of college basketball alike were shocked at the preseason hiring of little known high school basketball coach Chris Tracy, a 4 time Idaho state champion. So far, the suprising hire didn't seem to pay off, at least on the court. The Broncos finished the season with a 14-15 record, despite a senior ladden team (five seniors). However, Tracy isn't concerned about the team's performance or his job security. "This isn't my team, so I didn't know much about them. You can only learn so much in one season. Regardless, I guarentee when the team was recruited by me, we will be much more successful," Tracy told reporters after the Broncos were eliminated from the first round of the conference tournament.

Boise State, from the Western Athletic Conference, has been much better known recently for their football, and maybe for good reason. The last time the Broncos made a national tournament appearance was all the way back in 1994, and almost 15 years later, they haven't come along way. "The future is looking up, especially if we can pull in a good class," Boise's athletic director when asked about the future of coach Tracy. However, he refused to comment on Tracy's job security, a scary thing for any first year coach.

Boise State- Recruiting Insider
Signings:
1. Wahab Goss (#71), ****, 6'8" SF, Chula Vista, California
Scouts Take: Wahab is huge for his position, which is complimented well by his athletic body. He is also a talented shooter, and a good defender, which should lead to a solid combination player. His fundamentals (dribbling, passing) are still behind where they should be, but it should come in time seeing as he has solid potential.

2. Gerardo Jameson (#94), ****, 6'7" PF, Baliflower, California
Scouts Take: Jameson is a little small for a big man, but what he lacks in size he makes up for in rebounding, a huge talent for the kid. Other than that, he seems to be average, with decent room for improvement.

3. Ervin Cook (#234), ***, 6'3" SG, Lorado, Texas
Scouts Take: First things first, Cook can shoot the basketball. A talented three point shooter, he constantly finds ways to get himself open for a three, especially in big moments. Also, an uncharacterist thing about shooters, Cook defends extremely well. He should be a good role player for Broncos with some time to progress.

4. Marion Kirkland (#283), ***, 6'7" SF, Vancouver, Washington
Scouts Take: Another big small forward for Boise, as they will definitely have an advantage in that department. Kirkland is a super athlete, but he is only an average shooter and defender. He has pretty good potential, however, so he may be able to be a solid player on this team.

5. Jerel Gosey (#445), ***, 6'9" C, Fremont, California
Scouts Take: A last minute signing, Gosey definitely is not the big man presence the Broncos were looking for. He is a poor shooter, and couple that with little rebounding ability, Gosey will need to improve fast to be a contributor on this team.

Class Ranking: 32nd, 2nd in the WAC conference

Coach's Comment: A couple of gems at the top, this class definitely will have a couple stars from it, and possibly even some pro's. I would ggive myself a solid 'B' for this class.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Another Bad Season Worries Fans, Angers Critics
Boise, Idaho-- "Give me one more year, and you will see where this program is headed," coach Chris Tracy told reporters. But was it just a way to convince the media, or a desperate cry to the athletic directorto give him one more chance. The unknown coach was on a short leash to begin with, but having two losing seasons does not help his case. After a bad first season (14-15), Tracy took one step forward and two steps back this season with an abysmal 12-17 season. Since the first season, fans have been calling for Tracy's head, using his lack of experience as their reason. However, the athletic department is on his side, as he has not seen his chance to break out, with only one class of freshman in, some of whom are redshirting. "Next year, we will be much better than we are this season. Obviously this is unacceptable, but I think all of us are on Coach Tracy's side of this one," star freshman Wahab Goss told reporters.

Although your team definitely matters most in terms of support, having the backing of fans is a huge part. If fans aren't coming to games, the team isn't making money, and if the team isn't making money, the athletic director and staff aren't happy. Tracy knows, however, this is an important thing to address, and his mesage to fans is a simple one: "The Broncos are new and improved... if you want to see a winner, come see us play." If he can sell the fans and alumni with this, it won't be for long if the team can't succeed. "There is a lot of pressure on everybody on the team to perform. We like coach Tracy, at least most of us, and it would be a shame to see such a talented coach lose his position," four star freshman Gerardo Jameson commented. The pressure is on, but how will next year's Bronco's react.

1. Jameer Jolly (#38), ****, 6'7 PF, San Mateo, California
Scout's Take: Jolly is a nice player, a very solid player with finesse inside game. His low post abilities aren't up to speed quite yet, but he can step out and make a fifteen footer if open. Once far inside, he is a little shaky, but his athleticism and rebounding give him a nice boost. With average potential, Jolly is going to be a solid starter.

2. Roy Aguilar (#29), 6'3 SG, Citrus Heights, California
Scout's Take: Roy Aguilar is a star of a player and a steal for Boise State. His ability to shoot matches that of many five stars, his only drop off from the cream of the crop being his passing and ball handling skills. A lock down defender, coupled with prized athleticism, and solid potential, Roy is a dang good player for Boise.

Class Ranking- 80th, 3rd in WAC
Self Grade: A, great class for two schollies.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Third Season Shows Progress
Boise, Idaho-- Looks like the crazy hiring at Boise State may have made sense, or at least made progress. After two miserable, losing seasons, coach Chris Tracy looked like he may have been the worst hiring in school history. An unknown coach coming in and doing a terrible job, not the guy Boise State fans were exactly looking for. Luckily, Tracy may not be that guy. He finished off this season with his first post season experience, a third round exit of the PIT, a far cry from an NT team, but definitely something to build on. "We had a solid season last year, and we have a lot to build on coming back next year. I can't thank this organization enough for giving me my chances, because I coudln't have done it with out them," the coach said in an end of season pres conference.

That season, coach's recruits began to have a major impact on the team, as sophomore (going to be a junior) Wahab Goss, and conference freshman of the year Roy Aguilar each contributed around ten points a game for the team. With the addition of two impact recruits, and one redshirt, the Broncos look like they could only be getting stronger next season. "I think we are going to be a team to beat in the WAC, and hopefully a national tournament team. We may not be an elite, at least not yet, but I can tell you we are going to be a force next season," Wahab Goss promised reporters. The 6'8 small forwards turned heads last season with a team leading 14 PPG NIT, getting him some national exposure as a potential sleeper for conference player of the year. Individual awards won't matter to this Bosie team, their in it to win it next season.

Nate Annen (NR) JuCo Freshman, ****, 6'1 PG, Fremont California
Scout's Take: Annen is a great pick up for the Broncos, especially to pick up some experience at a very thin position for them. Annen is a talented shooter, has excellent ball handling, and passing, is a good athlete, and has good ptential. He needs to work on his defense to take the next step, but he could definitely be a good fit for this team.

Raymond Teague (#75), ****, PG, San Diego, California
Scout's Take: Teague is a work in progress project for the Broncos, as he has a good core set of skills but isn't great at any specific part of the game. He will most likely redshirt next season.

Arthur Sanders (#42), ****, 6'10 PF, Denver, Colorado
Scout's Take: Sanders is a star recruit for the Broncos, and could step in right away and be a signifigant piece. Despirte his outstanding rebounding and athleticism, his potential is through the roof. Great signing.

Class Ranking: 18th, 1st in WAC

Coach's Comments: Would have been nice to pick up a shooting guard, but I think we did pretty good with this class. Definitely going to be a competitive group of players.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
Rookie

2010-2011 Boise State Broncos Preview:
Non Conference Schedule
2KSports College Hoops Classic A- Pepperdine Nov. 4th
vs. UC Riverside (Nov. 9th)
@ Loyola Marymount (Nov. 13th)
@ Texas Christian U (Nov. 20th)
vs. #16 Arizona (Nov. 24th)
@ UC Irvine (Nov. 27th)
vs. Portland State (Dec. 4th)
@ #11 Georgetown (Dec. 8th)
vs. Iowa (Dec. 12th)
vs. UNLV (Dec. 15th)
@ Illinois State (Dec. 18th)
@ #8 Maryland (Dec. 23rd)

Roster
PG- Sophomore Nate Annen- The quick point guard has a nice left handed pull up, and he has very good dribbling skills as well. Can beat virtually any slower point guard off the dribble, making the man press a tough job. His ability to pass is still in development thogh (75)

SG- Sophomore Roy Aguilar- One of the fastest players in the game already, Aguilar also is a lights out shooter, and can hit shots all over the court. However, his speed allows him to get to the basket, and his athleticism gives him the ability to finish. Just a natural scorer (81)

SF- Junior Wahab Goss- A pure shooter, Wahab has drawn comparisons to Jason Kapono, with a quick release added to a helpfully large height. However, Goss can get to the rack if he has a slower man on him, as his speed is definitely a negative, and when he does he can be an explosive finisher.

PF- Junior Gerardo Jameson- At only 6'7, Jameson is the first of the starters to be below average at their position for height, though not by much. However, players gain an advantage due to his lack of athleticism. Though he is a pretty good low post player, he is two small/unathletic to be any good scoring threat. (80)

C- Sophomore Jameer Jolly- Also 6'7, Jolly uses a finesse, jump shooter style to create scoring opportunities, being a skilled mid range to three point shooter. Suprisingly, however, he can rebound well also, a commonality for this team. (79)

Key Bench Players-
Arthur Sanders (PF) Freshman 75, A+ potential!
Chris Brophy (SG)- Junior 74, Walk On
Ervin Cook (SG)- RS Sophomore 71, nice playmaker
Marion Kirkland (SF)- RS Sophomore 69, explosive dunker.

PREDICTION: 22-9 (12-4) 2nd in WAC.

First game coming at ya tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Lights Out Shooting Propels Broncos, 77-62 win
Boise, Idaho-- From the top of this line up to the bottom, one thing is universally true about this year's Boise State line up- they can shoot the ball. In the first game of the season against the Pepperdine Waves, the Broncos shot an earth shattering 67% from three (12/18) and 54% percent on the game. Another shooting state, five players, including center James Jolly (3 points, 6 rebounds, 1-5 FG), and freshman power forward Arthur Sanders (9 points, 9 rebounds both managed to sink three pointers. It probably helped that the Waves decided to go with a 2-3 zone for a majority of the game. "Let this serve as a lesson to other teams," Pepperdine forward Noah Saunders (20 points, 6 rebounds) told reporters after the game, "The 2-3 is not your best option."

Coach of the Broncos Chris Tracy said after the performance, "When you have two players demanding extra defensive attention, especially against a zone defense, its easier to get off good looks." He definitely had those two players, as Roy Aguilar (21 points) and Todd Goss (29 points, 5 rebounds) combined for 60 points out of the teams 77 points. Also, the duo combine to sink 9 threes, thanks to their positions against the zone. "I don't know if they are both going to be that consistent, but if they can constantly put up these kinds of big numbers, your going to be hearing a lot more about us," JuCo transfer Nate Annen (7 points) commented on the big perfomances. This was definitely the start that Boise was looking for, and they look to build on it tomorrow in the second round of the 2kSports Coaches Classic against the Troy Trojans (1-0).

The Broncos have four scholarships to fill this season, and they looking to use those scholarships very ambitiously. The four main targets are so far:
***** SG Louie Hehn
**** PG Vedran Garlepp
**** JuCo SF Brian Pocius
*** SF Lamarquius Grizzard.

Although many have their doubts that Hehn plans on going anywhere but USC, coach Tracy remains optomistic. "It's his decision. I know he will make the right one for him, whether that be here, USC, or any other school.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Broncos Blow Out Trojans, Move On in Tourney
Boise, Idaho-- Boise State came into this season looking to make a statement, and after a convincing win over Pepperdine and a giant 100-57 thrashing of Troy, they have done exactly that. A starting lineup that consists of not a single senior, Boise State already looks poised to make a good run this season and keep thier success of this week strong. Next up in the tournament they play Morehead State, who shocked Southern Miss and La Salle and managed to advance to the third round. "It's bittersweet, because they aren't as intimi****** as Southern Miss, but also they aren't going to help our resume, come the time, out very much," star small forward Wahab Goss (21 points against Troy) told reporters when informed of their next opponent. However, the Broncos need to be careful not to make the mistakes that Southern Miss and La Salle made by overlooking them, as a loss could be devastating, and harmful later on.

Freshman back-up Anthony Sanders (11 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks) played very well once again, and according to sources, he will be moved into the starting line-up for the team's next game (UC Riverside, a regular game, not in the tournament) to add more of a true big man to the line-up. "I felt like Gerardo Jameson (16 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks) and Jameer Jolly (13 points, 7 rebounds) are both more finesse big men, and adding a stronger, taller link to the group makes us a better team," coach Chris Tracy commented. While Jolly has been playing well, Sanders has been a more efficient rebounder and defender at most times. Jolly let up 33 points against the Trojans to center Adam Brady (33 points, 11-22) the only player on the Trojans to score over five points. Other Boise players Roy Aguilar (9 points, 5 assists) and point guard Nate Annen (4 points) put in quiet nights.

After five star recruit Louie Hehn gave a verbal committment to the USC Trojans, coach Tracy wished him farewell and has added three star center Byron Bowe to the board.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:37 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I grew up a Boise State Bronco fan. I have coached at Boise several times throughout my legacies and its my absolute favorite place to play. I only wish the WAC was a stronger conference. Nevada and Utah State do well but everyone else sucks. I have to ask what made you pick Boise State?

Your roster looks solid and I know I have had alot of success grabbing guys from Oregon/Washington,Alaska and Cali buidling up quite the dynasty in my years at Boise, so I believe if Coach Tracy is given time he will turn the BB team into the powerhouse that the football team is known for.

By the way, you should consider posting this over at the 2k forums. We have a great group of guys who post there. I currently have my legacy(year 18) still posting there check it out sometime. Its Coach Young. Started at EWU left for Saint Louis, Left for Boise State, left to go to Iowa and currently at UCLA. However i am going to try and go back to Boise to finish my career sometime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »