Home

Old 11-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Dunking...

Hey guys... I know that Live had a problem with too many dunks... but now it seems like I can't dunk it. I've even put up the dunking ability and it seems like even on fast breaks my players go for layups. There was only one time I had a dunk.

Any help??? (and yes... I'm pressing R2... just avoiding the obvious!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 05:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Dunking...

Press shoot further out and on the run. One thing I noticed is that under 6'5 or so, it's hard to dunk the ball. It's easier to do it with big guys in transition.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Hoosiers1111's Arena

OVR: 1

You likely need to increase the actual player's dunk rating. I noticed that most, even guys that can dunk, are not above about 65. I increased one guy to 80 and he had 2 or 3 dunks in one game.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Fastbreaks are harder on this game than Live, and they were on the low side in that game. I swear I think the court is too small, which makes it harder to drive to hole as well?!?

Dunks are fairly few and far between. Not a totally awful thing, but the occassional fast break dunk would be nice.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Fastbreaks are harder on this game than Live, and they were on the low side in that game. I swear I think the court is too small, which makes it harder to drive to hole as well?!?

I think the CPU gets back on defense a little too fast/too well. I don't think sliders can fix that either, might just be a negative we'll have to live with.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Ehh, you are correct, that is most definitely an issue. On top of that the offensive players don't really fill lanes or continue to basket either. Seems to be no logic built in. On Live I could get fastbreaks easier by using right stick flick passing, but that hasn't assisted me in this game. Perhaps a patch (if we get one - fingers crossed) will help?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
Ehh, you are correct, that is most definitely an issue. On top of that the offensive players don't really fill lanes or continue to basket either. Seems to be no logic built in.
As the user you can remedy this quite nicely using OBC, takes a little while to get used to it because you have to do it very quickly but when you pull it off it's pretty sweet.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sorry... having a brain fart... what is OBC???

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »