Home

Screwed by BCS in year 1 of OD

This is a discussion on Screwed by BCS in year 1 of OD within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Screwed by BCS in year 1 of OD

So i'm 12-1, SEC Champion and #3 for bowl week. Boise State is 12-0 and in the National Championship. I dont care that im not playing for the Title as much as I'm annoyed at the other team that is. #2 is 11-1 and lost me head to head.

#2 is also a user and i beat him soundly, but he killed everyone else on the schedule. It just so happens that it happened in the middle of the year and my loss came in the last week of the regular season (to a ranked team).

In real life this deal would never go down... either neither of us would play for it or i would.

Pissed... but am i wrong for feeling like i am still the winner of my dynasty in year 1 even though i wont win the big game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Rookie

dsciara21's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Screwed by BCS in year 1 of OD

Texas beat OU last year and Ou played in the Championship when they both had only 1 loss so..... it does really happen dude.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm in a similar situation where I must win or it pushes a Florida (user) team that I beat head to head into the NC. Luckily if I win though I get in because the 1 and 2 teams play each other in the Big 12 championship. It sucks though maybe one of these years they let us have an option for a playoff system for OD's.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsciara21
Texas beat OU last year and Ou played in the Championship when they both had only 1 loss so..... it does really happen dude.
This is different... this would be like Texas playing in the national championship last year when they didnt even play in their conference championship.

The tie breaker screwed Texas... not the bcs... there is no way in real life a one loss team from the sec that didnt win the conference would play for the Nat. Title over a one loss team that won the SEC and had a head head win over that team that didnt play for the conf. championship.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Pretty sure the OD I am in broke the sim engine for NCAA. I am in the SECCG against Florida and I have one loss (lost to Miss St. after the servers just simmed all the human games that week for some reason). Florida is undefeated and I beat them. Alabama jumps into the national championship game with two losses without even going to their conference championship game. The two losses they had were to Florida and Ole Miss,very lopsided losses as well. The Alabama guy didn't care though as he won the national championship that year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
This is different... this would be like Texas playing in the national championship last year when they didnt even play in their conference championship.

The tie breaker screwed Texas... not the bcs... there is no way in real life a one loss team from the sec that didnt win the conference would play for the Nat. Title over a one loss team that won the SEC and had a head head win over that team that didnt play for the conf. championship.
Last time I checked, Texas lost to Texas Tech, thus resulting in a 3-way tie, and you can't settle a 3-way tie by means of head-to-head.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

gogo magic
Old 11-18-2009, 10:56 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

In real life didn't Oklahoma lose the Big 12 Championship game and still make the BCS Championship game a few years ago?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »