Home

O-line chemistry

This is a discussion on O-line chemistry within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Would you like new a new O-line chemistry system?
Add new system 54 91.53%
Leave it as is 5 8.47%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7
O-line chemistry

Would u like an O-line chemistry rating for each team. This would change according to how long ur line has been together, played together, and back ups would be important as well because they would impact your line differently throughout each game. Your starters of course would gel faster due to more time playing together but your back ups leave u a little more exposed earlier in the seasons as each player from tackle to tackle has to gel with the person next to him. Teams with experienced lines could get more and more of a boost as they gel when it comes to blitz pick up or goal line push or something. Possibly even something as constant as pass and run block footwork boost or overall strength boost. And ofcourse an awareness boost. It should take a totally new line of rookies that has never played together atleast 20 games to totally gel. That time can be cut down by using veteran players, and by only replacing a few linemen at a time. Add some ideas ladies and gents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
Banned

foolish813's Arena

Re: O-line chemistry

They could also use this for the secondary, D-line, and so on.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

i touched on this earlier in the "Realistic mistakes" topic. I think there needs to be chemistry for ALL of the individual CORPS within the football team. DB's, LB's, Lines, QB and WR's, etc. This is a huge part of the game that is NOT represented whatsoever in madden.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

As for the line play, I would love to see the chemistry between a QB and his center. Take the browns as an example this year. Switching out QBs and using a rookie center has lead to an increase in botched snaps.

This same chemistry system could be used with the RB and QB on their hand offs. A rookie QB would be more prone to making a mistake on play action, hand offs ect ect then a veteran would. And it cascades into every aspect of the game. There is a reason why some coaches will take smart players over talented players but dumb players.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
Banned

foolish813's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
i touched on this earlier in the "Realistic mistakes" topic. I think there needs to be chemistry for ALL of the individual CORPS within the football team. DB's, LB's, Lines, QB and WR's, etc. This is a huge part of the game that is NOT represented whatsoever in madden.
I've felt this way 4 a while. Your post gave me the courage to create this post and poll.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Banned

foolish813's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
As for the line play, I would love to see the chemistry between a QB and his center. Take the browns as an example this year. Switching out QBs and using a rookie center has lead to an increase in botched snaps.

This same chemistry system could be used with the RB and QB on their hand offs. A rookie QB would be more prone to making a mistake on play action, hand offs ect ect then a veteran would. And it cascades into every aspect of the game. There is a reason why some coaches will take smart players over talented players but dumb players.
This is true. There are so many ways this could be implemented into the game to increase play time and realizm.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

It makes sense; the best lines in the league always seem to be the ones that play together the most. I'm for it.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

The line play is the worst part of this game for me. Anything to improve it or make it realistic would be a godsend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »