Home

Is online play better since they released the patch?

This is a discussion on Is online play better since they released the patch? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Is online play better since they released the patch?

I thought about getting this game, but heard the online play was bad cause of the servers. Is it any better with the patch now? I have a PS3.

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 11-14-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Is online play better since they released the patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
I thought about getting this game, but heard the online play was bad cause of the servers. Is it any better with the patch now?
I can't speak for PS3 user but if you have an Xbox 360 and online is where you will be playing mostly especially online leagues and/or team up. Then the answer is absolutely not. It is still broken. It is better but going from 0% to 20% when all other games work with minimal problems. It still have a very long way to go
Old 11-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well I can finally play PICK UP games with My player. There was no chance this would happen prior to the patch.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:19 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

I'd say absolutely yes. I've been blowing people out since the patch with the Nuggets. The last two players quit on me (Lakers and Cavaliers - the Lakers player plugged in his mic and started telling me if I ever want a rematch, we can just throw down and fight!), and before that I shut down a Grizzlies player to the tune of 58-25 on the Grizzlies' floor. Blocks in the paint are pretty common, and if you're going for a layup under the rim the rim will probably block that layup.

I mention blowing people out only because they were obviously playing as if the patch hadn't come out or they didn't know what the patch was addressing. My turnover differential was usually pretty healthy, +4/5 or so also.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolfanDave
I can't speak for PS3 user but if you have an Xbox 360 and online is where you will be playing mostly especially online leagues and/or team up. Then the answer is absolutely not. It is still broken. It is better but going from 0% to 20% when all other games work with minimal problems. It still have a very long way to go
completely agree....team up will never work and the servers still SUCK!! Don't understand how 2k servers can be so bad but other sports games are lag free online and you never have a problem getting a game.

For 2k11 they need to spend most of their time fixing the servers or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
I'd say absolutely yes. I've been blowing people out since the patch with the Nuggets. The last two players quit on me (Lakers and Cavaliers - the Lakers player plugged in his mic and started telling me if I ever want a rematch, we can just throw down and fight!), and before that I shut down a Grizzlies player to the tune of 58-25 on the Grizzlies' floor. Blocks in the paint are pretty common, and if you're going for a layup under the rim the rim will probably block that layup.

I mention blowing people out only because they were obviously playing as if the patch hadn't come out or they didn't know what the patch was addressing. My turnover differential was usually pretty healthy, +4/5 or so also.
co-sign. online against a human has improved greatly imo. It is much more balanced.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Its still broken. Lg games still drop ALOT.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 11-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima

I totally agree....This would not listen to that there is patch. And that you could score in the paint like you wanted to before. So he forced countless drives with Lebron....He got blown out by 30....LeBron shot 8-37....And he wanted a rematch...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »