Home

The 2010 New York Mets

This is a discussion on The 2010 New York Mets within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 20
The 2010 New York Mets

WE WANT V!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
All Star

Re: The 2010 New York Mets

Well it looks like we're not going after John Lackey due to injury concerns (I've heard that excuse before)
Old 11-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

- Congrats on Mets for giving Wally Backman the manager's job at Brooklyn!

- We need a bona fide #2 Starter.....Hopefully, we can be in the Halliday sweepstakes. Not crazy for Lackey. Other pitchers I would consider

- I would say it's better than 90% that our catcher for the 10 season is Bengi Molina.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

DEPTH, DEPTH, DEPTH. I really don't see that the Mets have what it takes to be a top National League team right now....They need to re-stock the minor league system in the worst way. The 9 minor league teams were a combined 346-407 last year, with their only winning seasons coming from Brooklyn of the NYP league, and one of their short season rookie league teams.

We have no depth, we are old and slow in a lot of positions. I would not be surprised if Reyes is dealt at the deadline if they are not in any contention for a playoff spot.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
All Star

Hey Pebble, if we somehow get Halladay, we're a contender. Some of your criticisms are correct, but if we had a Santana/Halladay 1-2, we can beat anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Hey Pebble, if we somehow get Halladay, we're a contender. Some of your criticisms are correct, but if we had a Santana/Halladay 1-2, we can beat anyone.
We still need to improve the offense, even if we got Halladay. I don't wanna see all those 7-8 inning, 2 run performances turn into losses or no-decisions because our offense sucks so hard.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #7
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Met's fans...what's the word on Johan's offseason/rehab? Is he looking good and will he be back in Spring Training?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

I haven't heard anything; I guess that makes this one of those "no news is good news" type scenarios. He was shut down a few weeks before the season ended, with the thought that he'd be ready for spring training, so I have to figure he's right on schedule.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »