Home

AI/Grizzlies agree to terminate contract

This is a discussion on AI/Grizzlies agree to terminate contract within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
AI/Grizzlies agree to terminate contract

As ecstatic as Westphal was with his first win with the Kings, Allen Iverson was as upset after his first game with the Grizzlies. After missing the first three games while recovering from a partial right hamstring tear, Iverson played only briefly as a reserve, scoring 11 points in less than 18 minutes.

He said he had no problems with his hamstring, but had a big problem with the playing time he got from coach Lionel Hollins.
''Go look at my resume and that will show you that I'm not a sixth man,'' Iverson said. ''I don't think it has anything to do with me being selfish. It's just who I am. I don't want to change what gave me all the success that I've had since I've been in this league.''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Guess who already sounds upset in Memphis

MAN he doesn't get it. People think I'm hating on him and Starbury. I loved these dudes when they came into the L, but I really want them to grow up!

:

When will he grow up and get it? I was just talking to my editor about fake competitive people like him. They'd rather lose their way than win someone else's way. What a loser, man.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
Banned

Brankles's Arena

OVR: 23

Unbelievable. Literally the first game he plays, he's complaining about minutes.

Is it safe to say that in less than 18 minutes of playing time, the AI experiment has already failed?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

No, they knew this going in and should start him or at least give him 30+ minutes. They shouldn't have taken a waiver on dude if they planned to have him come off the bench for 18 minutes, especially after what happened in Detroit and how clear he made it that he does not like a bench role. Especially when they're a losing team... he's not gonna sit there silently while younger players with a drop in the bucket of his career production lose the game.

If he's totally healthy, they've gotta start working him into the starting lineup (playing PG I guess) or this will end badly for both sides. I think he's justified in his complaint though, especially if he's getting the feeling that they just rented him for a year to sell tickets and never had a plan to start him instead of one of their young guys. That's deja vu of the Detroit situation basically except he's making about 15% of the money he was last year and sitting behind a younger/worse player than he was in DET... can't blame him for stating his feelings on the matter.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
No, they knew this going in and should start him or at least give him 30+ minutes. They shouldn't have taken a waiver on dude if they planned to have him come off the bench for 18 minutes, especially after what happened in Detroit and how clear he made it that he does not like a bench role. Especially when they're a losing team... he's not gonna sit there silently while younger players with a drop in the bucket of his career production lose the game.

If he's totally healthy, they've gotta start working him into the starting lineup (playing PG I guess) or this will end badly for both sides. I think he's justified in his complaint though, especially if he's getting the feeling that they just rented him for a year to sell tickets and never had a plan to start him instead of one of their young guys. That's deja vu of the Detroit situation basically except he's making about 15% of the money he was last year and sitting behind a younger/worse player than he was in DET... can't blame him for stating his feelings on the matter.
I can agree w/ this, and where Born is coming from. It's a two-way street where AI and the Grizz share the blame.

Stumble, off topic, I remember reading you love making healthy pizzas. What kind of bread do you use? My wife makes these amazing pizzas now. The bread she uses is called "Naan" bread, it's Indian, and amazing! You should try if you never have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Not already man.. just talk to the coach first at least
Old 11-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

L.M.M.F.A.O

Old 11-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not already man.. just talk to the coach first at least
Yeah talking right to the media isn't a good idea... will probably turn some of his teammates and/or coaching staff against him if he makes it a habit.

JBH -- I normally just make my own pizza dough, which isn't exactly healthy (just normal white flour/yeast/salt). But yeah, Naan and pita both work well for healthier pizzas... if I'm eating a pizza though, I almost always want some crispy thin white crust, cheese, and cured meats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »