Home

anyone play Madden 08 on PC?

This is a discussion on anyone play Madden 08 on PC? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-30-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
anyone play Madden 08 on PC?

So I got Madden 08 for my PC and I'm having so much fun with it. I was able to hook up my PS3 controller and use it in the game just like on the PS3. Also, I downloaded a mod from football-freaks.com and they have the updated schedules, rosters, players, etc..

Also, one big advantage is that I am able to edit almost EVERYTHING. I can download or even create/edit any uniform, ratings, stadiums, etc. I even created my "own" speed slider by lowering the global speed, agility, acceleration ratings. Now it plays SOOOO much better instead of everyone running around like warp speed. Bottom line, I feel like there is A LOT to do with this game and I can pretty much edit it anyway I want to.

So I highly recommend Madden 08 on the PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 05:50 AM   #2
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: anyone play Madden 08 on PC?

madden 08 is a very polished game and the best installment yet on pc but i can not play it anymore because of the direct x 7 graphics
Old 10-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

I do.

Its a better game than Madden 10 IMO. Doesnt have all the fluff but at least its not as aggravating. Plus, with Football Freaks mods, its awesome.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Suffice it to say, if they tweaked it a little bit and improved on the graphics, there would be no way I'd be playing Madden 10 right now. 08 for the pc was a great game and I definitely got the most mileage out of it. It's a shame they had to let it go.

Oh, and the running animations were dead on!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Unfortunately, 08 didn't run consistently on my PC. Otherwise, it was exactly what I wanted from a football game, especially when I used a VGA cable to run the game on my computer then displayed on my 42 in tv.

It was the best football experience I've had the past two years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
MVP

grismosw's Arena

I just bought it off Ebay for $15, looking forward to playing it - Madden 10 just isn't cutting it for me.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
MVP

right now, I'm tweaking the rosters so that there's more of a separation of good teams and bad teams. The only down part is that EVERY team is rated like a 80 or higher, even the Lions, Browns, Chiefs, etc.

When you get the game try and use your PS3 or xbox 360 controller or a supported controller....not the keyboard. Makes it much more fun.

Honestly, I dont mind the graphics. They are sufficient, decent, they aren't horrible by any means.

Oh yea, I downloaded a CBS/FOX/ESPN mod which makes it like you're playing a game on either of those channels. It has the logos, music, etc., it's a pretty refreshing look.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Got2Words4ya's Arena

OVR: 3

I can't say enough good things about this game. Right now i'm running the 1977 season in coach mode with sideline camera view, having a freakin blast!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »