Home

Starting PG substitutions...

This is a discussion on Starting PG substitutions... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Starting PG substitutions...

It seems to me whenever I play that the starting PG (for me with auto-subs on or for the computer) never stays on the floor for as long as they should. They're almost treated as a 3rd string PG, except they start and end the game. It's kind of annoying facing the Nuggets and having Anthony Carter on the floor the entire game.

Anyone else have this problem/solutions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Starting PG substitutions...

what length of quarter are u playing on? Because it could just be if youre playing short quarters that once carter got in, you havent gotten to a dead ball often enough to give billups a chance to come in so AC ends up playing the whole quarter.
Maybe?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
Rookie

what length of quarter are u playing on? Because it could just be if youre playing short quarters that once carter got in, you havent gotten to a dead ball often enough to give billups a chance to come in so AC ends up playing the whole quarter.
Maybe?
Or you have the subs set to fatigue
Old 10-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
Rookie

12 minute quarters. There's plenty of dead balls. And I don't have it set to fatigue either.

I used Billups as an example, but it's any team. Deron Williams only played 23 minutes against me (while Boozer and Okur and Kirilenko played 30+, and Rudy Gay played 47 for me.) Conley came out for Iverson at the first dead ball. In my game against the Nuggets, Billups came out at the first dead ball and only came in sparingly until the end when he was subbed back in as a starter.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Kind of dissapointing because the Grizzlies/Jazz game was a great back and forth game that I won because Rudy Gay took over in the 4th quarter for me, and then I go and see that Deron Williams wasn't on the court as much as he should have.

I lost the game against the Nuggets anyway because Carmelo and JR mauled me for like 74 combined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Although substitutions have been kind of wonky in general. a lot of times where there would be PFs at SG or Cs at SF or SFs at PG.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
Rookie

ive noticed secondary positions make a big difference. playing against the rockets, they kept alternating david andersen and joey dorsey at center every dead ball even tho i had no minutes assigned to dorsey and chuck hayes was the starter. But it was because scola, hayes and landry were just PF, not PF/C. It made a difference when i fixed it. Also obviously changing rotation minutes helps cuz the current 2K roster didnt take into account positions. (i.e. 2 guys who cnt be on the floor at the same time's minutes adding up to more than 48)

But it seems also that sometimes weird things just happen when the comps makin subs that cant be answered lol
Old 10-28-2009, 05:21 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

the subs are kinda buggy in general...I know for My Player it's going to be fixed in the patch. Hopefully some of that will leak over to other game modes

But at the same time...some positions are interchangeable. Like for example dwayne wade I would trust at PG/SG/SF and I've seen this so it is kinda relative, but at the same time buggy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »