Home

I cannot stop playing this video game.

This is a discussion on I cannot stop playing this video game. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
I cannot stop playing this video game.

I'm the type of guy who buys sports game on release day and trade them in within the next 3 to 4 months, but that hasn't been the case with '09 The Show. Had my copy since release day and still hanging strong in my PS3 playlist. Hell, a couple of days ago I seen a cut scene that I never seen before. This is easily the most perfect, best sports simulation video game I've ever played in my 20 years of gaming.

This is the ONLY game that I NEVER worry about when it comes to sliders, bugs and all the other bs we deal with when it comes to sports games. Going 8 months strong and I won't be getting rid of this game until '10 comes out.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the developers for their hard work, dedication and for giving us, in my eyes, thee best sports video game ever. You guys truly are THE ****!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I cannot stop playing this video game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
I'm the type of guy who buys sports game on release day and trade them in within the next 3 to 4 months, but that hasn't been the case with '09 The Show. Had my copy since release day and still hanging strong in my PS3 playlist. Hell, a couple of days ago I seen a cut scene that I never seen before. This is easily the most perfect, best sports simulation video game I've ever played in my 20 years of gaming.

This is the ONLY game that I NEVER worry about when it comes to sliders, bugs and all the other bs we deal with when it comes to sports games. Going 8 months strong and I won't be getting rid of this game until '10 comes out.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the developers for their hard work, dedication and for giving us, in my eyes, thee best sports video game ever. You guys truly are THE ****!
I second that!!!!
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

I'm with you 100% man!

I'll co-sign your post.

Because of this game, there's no MLB offseason to my knowledge... baseball is ALL year round in this house.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

This afternoon I popped in MLB 2k7 for the 360. I played an inning and then turned it off. No comparison, The Show is the best baseball game ever, to this point in time. Baseball season never ends at my house. The Show 10 can't get here soon enough.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

There is a few things I find so great about this game even now. When you turn on the PS3 and start playing, you get so completely immersed in the game, that whatever kind of a bad day you had, it slowly leaves you as the game takes over.
And secondly, when I start feeling really good about how I have "Mastered" this game, I'll get ambushed by some lowly team and be sent into a 5 game losing streak. Oh its so humbling, but in a great kind of way.
This game totally sucks you in. You find yourself grinding the controller into a fine powder as you try to make that perfect pitch, or to get that gap hit that breaks the game wide open. I've found myself pitching and while in a jam notice the beads of sweat as the umpire tightens his strike zone. I've also had to get up and walk around, or get a drink of water before I deal with the next hitter. But these things really get you juiced, when you make that batter flail at your sliders break, or swing and miss at the high hard one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #6
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

what was the cutscene
Old 10-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

I'm already looking forward to The Show 10,and not in a "I hope they get it right this time" kind of way. 09 has already got more playing time than any of my other games, and I'm not done yet. Just started Year 2 of my Indians franchise!
Old 10-23-2009, 01:08 AM   #8
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Hopefully there are more gamers out there who are "seasonal" players like me, Baseball game is good till football season hits, then the baseball game gets shelved and it's football until Hockey starts, then it's both Football & Hockey till baseball rolls around again.

Not this year, this is my first year with the show and I can't stop playing. Bought Madden on Launch and it sat. Played it a couple times, very dissapointed and just sold it, while I wait for NHL 10 to go on sale somewhere it's all show 09 all the time.

Hopefully we will be able to transfer our franchise to The Show 10.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »