Home

Old 10-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Offense

So what I have learned is that 2-1-2 low is the best balanced offense. Is this true?

I usually put on All Out Attack, 3-2, Tight Point, and High Pressure. My friend always beats me, but he just puts on Protect net, and then skates down the boards looking for someone open out front. I hate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Offense

Don't use All Out Attack. Your defenders more often than not will get caught in the offensive zone giving your opponent free breakaways. Use Aggressive or Standard.

Also, 2-1-2 is a forechecking strategy, not an offensive strategy.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Rookie

My bad. How does this sound for an all-around balance?

Agressive
2-1-2 Low

How should I set up a defense?
Old 10-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottabO2
So what I have learned is that 2-1-2 low is the best balanced offense. Is this true?

I usually put on All Out Attack, 3-2, Tight Point, and High Pressure. My friend always beats me, but he just puts on Protect net, and then skates down the boards looking for someone open out front. I hate it.
I like the 2-1-2 low if I'm looking to push things offensively, but that's not always the best course of action. To add to what BlueNGold said, going 3-2 AND all out attack is going to leave so gaping holes behind your defense.

As far as playing against your friend, it sounds like you need to change it up. You're being as aggressive as possible and he's obviously figured out how to exploit the holes it leaves. If he's looking to pass to the goal, try the collapsing D strategy.

Overall, try playing more conservatively -- both in terms of strategy settings and what you do with your defender (ie, don't chase him & take away that pass) -- to throw him off his game. A good player can overcome the constant pressure you're trying to apply, especially if they know it's coming all the time...
Old 10-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Yeah like Qb mentioned, when you take control of the defenseman take away the pass. The best thing to do when you play D is usually stand just in front of the net, but out of the way of your goalie so you don't screen him, and hold RB down (this will do a sweeping poke check) when you want to cover the passing lanes.

From what it sounds like, your friend likes to do centering passes to the front of the net so doing this and what Qb has mentioned should stop him from scoring consistently with that strategy.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #6
Rookie

the offence is brutal in this game... every time u play at the goalie..you team rarely scores... they rarely score more than 2 goals a game..it sux...
also when u are the goalie.. the other team rarely shoots on you .. i mean they do but not as much as they should.. ex. there coming down near the boards and theres a clear shot to the net but they pass it behind the net... i hate it and they always do it...i hope in nhl 11 theres more shots on you and more goals scored by ur team.. i thought there was a new simulation system... yes it is better than last year but still not that great.. overall the games pretty sick

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »