Home

Being colorblind and the player indicators

This is a discussion on Being colorblind and the player indicators within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Being colorblind and the player indicators

Don't get me wrong: NHL 10 is fantastic. My only gripe so far is that I have a hard time determining what player I am during online team play without moving my player around unless I'm blue or purple. I wish there was a way to chose your color, or alternatively, an option to not use colors and use numbers/symbols.

There is an option to show my name on the screen but it only pops up for a split second and I usually lose my player when he goes off screen. I guess another option would be to play using the Action camera... can anyone think of other suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Being colorblind and the player indicators

If you use one of the BAP cameras (High or Low) it will keep you on-screen and more or less centered much of the time, unless you're far away from the puck. The trade-off is you have to put up with the camera rotation which usually happens when you go behind the attacking net.

Do you have the positioning arrow on? I don't like it, but that may also help when you lose track of your guy. Can't miss the big blue arrow...

You can turn off the color indicators in the visual options menu during an OTP game and you might be able to choose to leave it on for your player only. I think it still has a gray one over the puck carrier, but that's only two things to look at as opposed to 5 (assuming you don't forget which team you're on! )
Old 10-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you are playing with one of the normal camera views you can press select (back button, xbox360) and the camera will center on your player instead of the puck.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

give your player a jersey number thats easy to see like...

99- if you dare haha

Last edited by ram29jackson; 10-21-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeable
If you are playing with one of the normal camera views you can press select (back button, xbox360) and the camera will center on your player instead of the puck.
I did not know that... Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »