Home

Can the majority of the people who own 2k10 beat the AI?

This is a discussion on Can the majority of the people who own 2k10 beat the AI? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Can the average owner of nba 2k10 beat the AI?
Yes 30 60.00%
No 20 40.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Icon8 Can the majority of the people who own 2k10 beat the AI?

I define the AI as the CPU without user or cpu slider advantages on a level that doesn't cheat for or against the CPU. The user and the cpu would also have to have relatively equal teams and to really claim victory win more than 60% if the games.

I'm posting this poll because I'm curious to how opsports views the casual gamer, the level of difficulty, and the AI. If you believe the average owner can beat the AI I'm curious to what tactic they would use, if you think they cant then why.

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 10-19-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Can the majority of the people who own 2k10 beat the AI?

Well, I did made some changes to the sliders to get the game play more like sim (stats-wise). I play on Allstar and I hardly ever win. I've played about 15 games since I got it and won only one. Yeah, I guess I suck, but it's still new to me and I need to learn many things from the start. But I'm gonna get that mother****er and beat his *** out LOL!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 10-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Tar Heels/UCF

skinfan31's Arena

OVR: 9

I was 0-10 out of the box before adjusting sliders. Since then, I left the user sliders the same, but dropped cpu shooting down to 47, but they still shot close to 60%. Now with the cpu shooting sliders at 45, they shoot around 50% and its a much better game for me.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

yup, it's all bout adjusting sliders. I have cpu 3point slider at 35 and they still hit a load of them...

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 10-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Onpoint17's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
I was 0-10 out of the box before adjusting sliders. Since then, I left the user sliders the same, but dropped cpu shooting down to 47, but they still shot close to 60%. Now with the cpu shooting sliders at 45, they shoot around 50% and its a much better game for me.
I was 2-10 until I made some slider adjustments. I lowered the CPU shooting down to 42 at one point but I've finally started to get the hang of this game (playing better D, making better passes, being patient with the ball and looking for the open man) and I've had to raise the CPU shooting up to 48 after I went on a 7 game winning streak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
Strategy

OVR: 36

Before slider tweaks I was bad. Granted, I've learned how to play GOOD D now, which is essential in this game.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5

good D or not, the CPU plays a lil out the *** at times.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

I lowered the top 3 shot sliders to 45 for the user and the CPU and took the alley oops down to 20, and changed the defensive assist thing on the controller. I have definitely been whipped by the cpu but it's usually after I go into panic mode and start throwing up 3's or trying to score with just one player. I just beat the MAVS in overtime with the NETS 99-96. I was up by 12 in the fourth quarter and they hit a 3 as the buzzer sounded. They actually got up by 4 in the overtime but I kept my composure and pull it out. I spanked the Wizards by 15. It's not easy but you can definitely beat the cpu provided you make a few changes with sliders.

One thing I might add is I have been playing almost exclusively with the NETS so I feel like I know their strengths and weaknesses pretty well. It's starting to pay off on both offense and defense. It's fun playing with other teams too but IMHO it's hard to get a playing style down when you switch teams a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »