Home

Who wants to improve DNA and work with me in further seperating players?

This is a discussion on Who wants to improve DNA and work with me in further seperating players? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-19-2009, 04:45 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Who wants to improve DNA and work with me in further seperating players?

You guys know for years I've been tweaking the ratings and mostly doing it alone.

Well this year I'm looking for 2-3 guys that absolutely love the NBA and has good knowledge of players ability and style of play.

I want to focus more this year on individual players as opposed to teams because I think DNA will take care of team playing style.

We will come to an agreement on what rating should go up or down based on the individual player(s). I think Live 10 has a very good base foundation but to make it take that next level this year we have to do some more hands on work with the individual players.

My goal is seperate the Franchise players from the All-star players. Then seperate the All-Star players from the Role players and scrub type players. I'm very familiar with how the ratings work and function in Live 10.

So, basically I need about 2-3 guys that are willing to kinda work as a group in sorting out players and making sure they are doing things based on DNA and style of play. Usually it would take me about 2 weeks to sort this crap out myself. But with extra eyes and help in observing player behavior it could probably get done in 1 week MAX.

After that is done it'll be our jobs to work Super Star level sliders as a unit.

Resources I like to use since I'm huge stat junkie and basketball crack head
http://www.82games.com/index.htm

Basically lets say Problem child #1 Derrick Fisher if he's is attacking the basket and shooting too much. Although from looking at his ratings in the demo to the ratings that were released in the Final version they did change.

So using Fisher as an example
http://www.82games.com/0809/FGSORT7.HTM

In this link you'll see that Fisher avg basically ZERO points per game in the paint (0.8) and he had 19% of his shots blocked inside when he did try to shoot. He shot only 35% last year inside and only collecting 8 And 1's meaning the possibility of Fisher getting fouled and still scoring inside is damn 0%

Now that translate to scoring with contact in NBA Live 10. Which ironically is one of the MOST OVERATED RATINGS in the game this year.

Look further at that link and you'll see And 1's recorded for just about every single player. Notice LBJ had the most AND 1's in the league last year (97). The next closest guy was D.Wade at 83 which means there should be about a 5-10% gap between LBJ and Wade.

No one else should be on their level in terms of scoring after taking the contact and foul inside. In other words a guy like Michael Finley shouldn't be converting 3 point plays and neither should Luke Ridnour. Those are guys who should get fouled and have two FT's comming if they do get hacked.

This is the type of player seperation I'm looking to accomplish further in the game.

Now look at the 3-PT % and shots taken.

You'll see guys like Tim Duncan, Antonio McDyess and Udonis Haslem at 0 attempts and 0 FG% from down time. In Live the tendency to shoot these shots are way too high for many Bigs even if they don't shoot it in games. But the goal is make sure if that possibility ever arises they dow't shoot it.

So basically bigs that don't that don't take the shot will have a 3-PT shooting likley hood decreased to 0 along with 3-pt success. The reaosn being is because some of these guys will slide over to PF and some set plays will have them roaming on the perimeter. In that case we need to make they don't follow their tedency and take that damn shot just because they are outside and wide open.

One last thing some playbooks after test playing several top contending teams might need to be edited in order to get some different play sets involved. One thing I hate is the PG's mainly starting out with each play and pass going to the right. The playbooks are little tricky but if you study the plays you can get more variations into sets. I noticed this in the demo when I switched up plays for Orlando.

Trust me sometimes you just have take what the developers give you and use more hands on work to try and perfect it. Ask anyone who's used my NCAA Football rosters.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...i-rosters.html

They'll tell you I work hard and try to figure out what ratings will render the best game play. Ratings can be UTILIZED to give players more INDIVIDUALITY and bring them to life. The best thing about Live 10 is the players just need more IDENTITY.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 10-19-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Who wants to improve DNA and work with me in further seperating players?

I'm in man, i agree with you that this game has the foundation to be special. I see some strange stuff in the game though, notably players doing stuff they don't do in real life. The biggest thing i've noticed about 2k and live is they don't have good paramaters of a player can and can't do. Ray Allen dunking in traffic for example, Shaq shooting fade-a-ways in the post, etc.

My xbox live gt is Jazza2319. I know most players in the league really well off the top of my head
Old 10-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

PM... you're going to wing every player in the L?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Don't have the time to actually participate but, I do appreciate the effort. I've learned to play the game and now most of the issues I perceived as issues are no longer a problem. However, the issues that persist are really starting to get on my nerves. Mainly players that are doing things that they simply do not or cannot do. Spencer Hawes crossing people up? Roy Hibbert running the floor like a gazelle? Andrew Bynum acrobatic spins and dipsy-doo lay-ups? Derrick Fisher being ultra aggressive and taking the ball to the basket.

Some of this stuff DNA should take of. However there needs to be some major tweakage when it comes to the bigs and their skill/athleticism.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
cabrillo24

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
You guys know for years I've been tweaking the ratings and mostly doing it alone.

Well this year I'm looking for 2-3 guys that absolutely love the NBA and has good knowledge of players ability and style of play.

I want to focus more this year on individual players as opposed to teams because I think DNA will take care of team playing style.

We will come to an agreement on what rating should go up or down based on the individual player(s). I think Live 10 has a very good base foundation but to make it take that next level this year we have to do some more hands on work with the individual players.

My goal is seperate the Franchise players from the All-star players. Then seperate the All-Star players from the Role players and scrub type players. I'm very familiar with how the ratings work and function in Live 10.

So, basically I need about 2-3 guys that are willing to kinda work as a group in sorting out players and making sure they are doing things based on DNA and style of play. Usually it would take me about 2 weeks to sort this crap out myself. But with extra eyes and help in observing player behavior it could probably get done in 1 week MAX.

After that is done it'll be our jobs to work Super Star level sliders as a unit.

Resources I like to use since I'm huge stat junkie and basketball crack head
http://www.82games.com/index.htm

Basically lets say Problem child #1 Derrick Fisher if he's is attacking the basket and shooting too much. Although from looking at his ratings in the demo to the ratings that were released in the Final version they did change.

So using Fisher as an example
http://www.82games.com/0809/FGSORT7.HTM

In this link you'll see that Fisher avg basically ZERO points per game in the paint (0.8) and he had 19% of his shots blocked inside when he did try to shoot. He shot only 35% last year inside and only collecting 8 And 1's meaning the possibility of Fisher getting fouled and still scoring inside is damn 0%

Now that translate to scoring with contact in NBA Live 10. Which ironically is one of the MOST OVERATED RATINGS in the game this year.

Look further at that link and you'll see And 1's recorded for just about every single player. Notice LBJ had the most AND 1's in the league last year (97). The next closest guy was D.Wade at 83 which means there should be about a 5-10% gap between LBJ and Wade.

No one else should be on their level in terms of scoring after taking the contact and foul inside. In other words a guy like Michael Finley shouldn't be converting 3 point plays and neither should Luke Ridnour. Those are guys who should get fouled and have two FT's comming if they do get hacked.

This is the type of player seperation I'm looking to accomplish further in the game.

Now look at the 3-PT % and shots taken.

You'll see guys like Tim Duncan, Antonio McDyess and Udonis Haslem at 0 attempts and 0 FG% from down time. In Live the tendency to shoot these shots are way too high for many Bigs even if they don't shoot it in games. But the goal is make sure if that possibility ever arises they dow't shoot it.

So basically bigs that don't that don't take the shot will have a 3-PT shooting likley hood decreased to 0 along with 3-pt success. The reaosn being is because some of these guys will slide over to PF and some set plays will have them roaming on the perimeter. In that case we need to make they don't follow their tedency and take that damn shot just because they are outside and wide open.

One last thing some playbooks after test playing several top contending teams might need to be edited in order to get some different play sets involved. One thing I hate is the PG's mainly starting out with each play and pass going to the right. The playbooks are little tricky but if you study the plays you can get more variations into sets. I noticed this in the demo when I switched up plays for Orlando.

Trust me sometimes you just have take what the developers give you and use more hands on work to try and perfect it. Ask anyone who's used my NCAA Football rosters.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...i-rosters.html

They'll tell you I work hard and try to figure out what ratings will render the best game play. Ratings can be UTILIZED to give players more INDIVIDUALITY and bring them to life. The best thing about Live 10 is the players just need more IDENTITY.
Huge undertaking my man, unfortunately I don't have the time to commit to this project, but rooting for success.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
PM... you're going to wing every player in the L?
Not everyone just about 50% of the league.

I need guys to help me focus on the Franchise Players 1st. Then will move on the All-Star level and after that the role players and scrub players will get some tweaks to make them less effective than the elite guys.

If i have like 2 or 3 more guys will divide up the teams and come to an agreement as to which ratings we think might need touched.

I already know that Agility and Vertical will be Global ratings that's two less ratings we need to worry about and if EA fixes agility in the patch then we don't have to do anything at all with it.

Also the patch will help me and the guys willing to help to determine if a slider in the game can fix the issues. If the patch doesn't help a slider fix a situation than I'll determine what rating effects the problem and we'll go from there.

I know people think have been very harsh on this game. But most guys know i want Live to be great and right now if we don't edit some of the star players and give them seperation from other players then it's going to be just a good game for THIS YEAR.

But we can make a GREAT GAME right now instead of waiting for NBA Live 11. It really only takes 2-4 global edits which takes about 10 minutes at the most for jut one person. Then edit about 5-6 players for each team ourselves and presto 50% of the INDIVIDUAL Players are complete and the league has more players that will have better tendencies.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazza2319
I'm in man, i agree with you that this game has the foundation to be special. I see some strange stuff in the game though, notably players doing stuff they don't do in real life. The biggest thing i've noticed about 2k and live is they don't have good paramaters of a player can and can't do. Ray Allen dunking in traffic for example, Shaq shooting fade-a-ways in the post, etc.

My xbox live gt is Jazza2319. I know most players in the league really well off the top of my head
I got you checked off.

We will look for flaws right now in players and when the roster update and patch is released we will have head start on what players might need edited.

This work will require allow becn players to start a few games so we can see how they on a consistent basis. If a guy like Antoine Wright is scoring 20 PPG as a starter and shooting a high FG% then we'll know he has to be edited.

I need 2 more guys willing to pick up a few teams and then i'll get with everyone so we can starts seperating the teams/players to observe.

These rosters will only be made available to the community after the patch and Roster update that way we are assured the correct ratings and players are edited.

Thanks for volunteering

Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

you are a beast pm. good luck i hope turns out good. you always have good rosters and sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »