Home

NBA 2K10 PS3::OPINIONS::

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 PS3::OPINIONS:: within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2009, 01:36 AM   #1
Rookie

Bucksin06's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon4 NBA 2K10 PS3::OPINIONS::

What's up guys,
I just wanted to get some opinions of the ps3 version of 2k10.
Last year although the game was enjoyable, for the most part the game looked lifeless in its graphics, and had tons of jaggies..while i saw that the 360 version was much crisper, clearer, more and life-like. I downloaded the 2k10 demo for ps3 and was kind of disappointed again. Is the final version any better? Im wondering does the ps3 version have the same feel and graphics as last year's game, or is it on par this year with the 360 version.?

Thanks,
Bucksin06
You can call me Will Smith cuz ***** 'I am Legend'."
-NTG
aka Bucksin06
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 02:28 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K10 PS3::OPINIONS::

This is just my opinion, but it seems when it comes to 2K Sports, the PS3 gets the short end of the stick.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

graphics are way better this year

BUT

gameplay was way better last year.

it seems like there is no contact underneath the hoop. i keep finding guards drive into the lane only to find my PF or C pushed under the hoop or behind the backboard where he doesnt even try to make contact

hopefully they can give us custom arena sounds in the patch coming up
Old 10-19-2009, 06:09 AM   #4
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

graphically ps3 again is not as crisp as the 360 version, more than likely due to the fact that this game is never made for each system individually, it's essentially a Xbox 360 port onto the ps3 which can be the case for the graphics taking a hit.

It's a bit better than last year imo but still falls short of the 360 version again.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #5
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2084
graphically ps3 again is not as crisp as the 360 version, more than likely due to the fact that this game is never made for each system individually, it's essentially a Xbox 360 port onto the ps3 which can be the case for the graphics taking a hit.

It's a bit better than last year imo but still falls short of the 360 version again.
This pretty much sums up my opinion as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Rookie

Omega Kid's Arena

OVR: 4

I have retail for PS3 (tried 360 demo also), is a stripped down porting from 360, no doubt, much like 2k9. The crowd in game (not replay) is way more simple than 360, no aantialiasing at all, and it means JAGGIES everywhere, worse if u set 1080p. Altought image is more crisper than 360 due to the absence of aa. But, the framerate hold pretty well during games, u can see some hesitation but nothing to hamper gameplay. As i can see 360 suffer from lag issues, so this is, until a patch, the version of choice.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:24 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Kid
I have retail for PS3 (tried 360 demo also), is a stripped down porting from 360, no doubt, much like 2k9. The crowd in game (not replay) is way more simple than 360, no aantialiasing at all, and it means JAGGIES everywhere, worse if u set 1080p. Altought image is more crisper than 360 due to the absence of aa. But, the framerate hold pretty well during games, u can see some hesitation but nothing to hamper gameplay. As i can see 360 suffer from lag issues, so this is, until a patch, the version of choice.
Agree !
Old 10-19-2009, 08:24 AM   #8
Strategy

OVR: 36

Graphics are good (I guess that has a little to do with TV). Overall, the game is good. I purchase on Sony as much as possible because I like having assurance that my system will start every time I wean it to. No 3-rings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »