Home

Questions from a curious Madden player

This is a discussion on Questions from a curious Madden player within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
Questions from a curious Madden player

Ok I feel like getting this game but I have questions.

1. What are the team names available? Also are all cities available and what about foreign cities?

2. Is there anyway to get more gold players? Or to not have gold players? Or to set a kicker or punter as gold?

3. In season mode can I control every team and how many teams can be in a season?

4. In the championship does it have a championship logo?

5. Is there a pregame halftime and postgame show? How are they?

6. How is the weather?

7. Is there any way to change the atmosphere of quick games?

8. Are there a lot of last names in their database?

9. Are there any flaws of gameplay?

10. In a season can I trade players? If yes can I export a team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Questions from a curious Madden player

1. What are the team names available? Also are all cities available and what about foreign cities?

There are a lot of team names (too many to list). Basic animals and names that go with many college/highschool mascots. There are NO NFL team names. All major US cities are in it. A handful of team locations in Canada, Mexico, and overseas. Not a bunch, but a few.

2. Is there anyway to get more gold players? Or to not have gold players? Or to set a kicker or punter as gold?

No, only 2 gold players. You cannot change the makeup of the team. There must be 2 gold, 3 silver, and 6 bronze.

3. In season mode can I control every team and how many teams can be in a season?

No, you control 1 team. I believe there are 24 teams in the league.

4. In the championship does it have a championship logo?

To my recollection, yes the stadium is all done up for the championship game.

5. Is there a pregame halftime and postgame show? How are they?

Halftime and postgame shows offer highlights, stats, and commentary. Better shows than M10 imo, but actually less polished than NFL 2k5's incredible presentation. Pregame gives a run down of the players on each squad...nothing special at all.

6. How is the weather?

Weather effects are awesome and open up some new animations. Kickers slipping after kicking the ball, QBs dropping back and stumbling, players losing their footing. Playing in rain and snow is pretty impressive.

7. Is there any way to change the atmosphere of quick games?

Not sure what you mean by changing the "atmosphere." Making things seem louder and more like a big game would likely be accomplished by messing with the sound sliders.

8. Are there a lot of last names in their database?

Yes. Last name database is pretty good. Has nearly all the traditional names you expect, and has some decent less used ones. There are games with better databases, but this one is decent.

9. Are there any flaws of gameplay?

In terms of gameplay this game is the absolute best football sim. As with any game there are some flaws. Based on your questions it sounds like you'll be playing the CPU and not online, so you'll be free of the handful of cheesey moves used in lobbies. Against the CPU you should be able to play a strategic game of football with minimal frustration due to poor design.

10. In a season can I trade players? If yes can I export a team?

No. Season mode is simply take a created team through a series of games and try to win a championship. No contract signing, trades, or anything.

I strongly suggest you pick the game up. At the price it is one of the best values in sports gaming, and its gameplay is by far one of the best straight out of the box. If you want to really have fun with the game, play online. While offline play is solid, it can get repetitive due to the inability to change the CPU team rosters and the lack of franchise mode style options within the season mode. If you're used to playing Madden, and haven't played any 2k football games in the past, there's going to be a bit of learning curve so be patient and utilize the practice mode.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Def give the game a try. What is it now, $5 in the used sections? The best aspect of the game is online play, though. Play a couple guys from this site and they will not only play fair games, most will help you with the learning curve.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
MVP

I will definetly pick it up. I loved 2k5 so I think I'll like this. What I like to do is create 32 teams and play my own league. Madden create a team is a joke. I will also create a team for online. One high powered offense one defense. Thanks guys appreciate it.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
MVP

Ok I'm going to buy this game but I have some more questions if you generous 2K8 players could answer. Really appreciate it guys.

1. Are there laterals? Once in Madden I almost completed a play at the end of the game with 5 laterals. It was awesome.

2. Are there many trick plays? Once every couple games I love to mix it up with a fleaflicker, reverse, and HB Pass. In Madden these were non-existant.

3. Is the Wildcat possible? I wouldn't do this online but I would offline.

4.Do Wide Recievers actually jump up to grab the ball for jump balls? Is there the goalline lob?

5. Does the 3-4 work in this game?

6. Is kick returning too easy? I've seen a lot in videos.

Last edited by RayAllen20; 10-17-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Ok I'm going to buy this game but I have some more questions if you generous 2K8 players could answer. Really appreciate it guys.

1. Are there laterals? Once in Madden I almost completed a play at the end of the game with 5 laterals. It was awesome.

2. Are there many trick plays? Once every couple games I love to mix it up with a fleaflicker, reverse, and HB Pass. In Madden these were non-existant.

3. Is the Wildcat possible? I wouldn't do this online but I would offline.

4.Do Wide Recievers actually jump up to grab the ball for jump balls? Is there the goalline lob?
1. Yes. I use laterals when people kick off short and I wanna get the ball to my Star returner.

2. Yes there's trick plays. A lot of people look down on Flea Flickers though. It's way too effective. Reverses and HB Pass are also in the game, but they are both pretty tough to pull off successfully. There's a good play that handoffs to your TE. Works well if you have an athletic TE.

3. You'd have to do some substitutions if you wanna give a Wildcat look. There's no Wildcat plays, but you can substitute a RB into the QB position.

4. Probably my favorite part of the game is the Maximum Passing. You can lead WR's and throw to back shoulders and stuff. There isn't a jump ball animation per se, but if you have a big WR on a small CB in the redzone, you can flick him the ball and he'll use his size to try and make a play. (BTW, there's a Hops ability that you can give to your WR, that helps in redzone situations)

5. Yes. OLinemen double team the Dline. Hot blitzing is super easy. If you get creative, you can confuse people with your front 7. (stunts, fake blitzes, etc.)

6. Depends on who you play. Some people have sick stick skills. Also, depends on who they have on their team. Gale Sayers, Rod Woodson, and Lem Barney are probably the best returners. If people keep getting big returns on you, just get a kicker and he'll get a touchback just about everytime.

Last edited by Thirty3 Degrees; 10-17-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty3 Degrees
1. Yes. I use laterals when people kick off short and I wanna get the ball to my Star returner.

2. Yes there's trick plays. A lot of people look down on Flea Flickers though. It's way too effective. Reverses and HB Pass are also in the game, but they are both pretty tough to pull off successfully. There's a good play that handoffs to your TE. Works well if you have an athletic TE.

3. You'd have to do some substitutions if you wanna give a Wildcat look. There's no Wildcat plays, but you can substitute a RB into the QB position.

4. Probably my favorite part of the game is the Maximum Passing. You can lead WR's and throw to back shoulders and stuff. There isn't a jump ball animation per se, but if you have a big WR on a small CB in the redzone, you can flick him the ball and he'll use his size to try and make a play. (BTW, there's a Hops ability that you can give to your WR, that helps in redzone situations)

5. Yes. OLinemen double team the Dline. Hot blitzing is super easy. If you get creative, you can confuse people with your front 7. (stunts, fake blitzes, etc.)

6. Depends on who you play. Some people have sick stick skills. Also, depends on who they have on their team. Gale Sayers, Rod Woodson, and Lem Barney are probably the best returners. If people keep getting big returns on you, just get a kicker and he'll get a touchback just about everytime.
Thanks finally a good football game
Old 10-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #8
MVP

I share this is the last one?

1. How is the CPU Ai? Does it do well managing the clock?

2. How challenging is the kicking game? Tough enough to miss some thirty yarders but nail fifties?

3. What presnap adjustments can I make on D?

4. Is there 2k share to download other teams and all the NFL teams?

If somebody gives me all the team names Id consider you the man haha. Also can someone tell me if Toronto Mexico City and London are available?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »