Home

Official Seattle Seahawks Thread

This is a discussion on Official Seattle Seahawks Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
Official Seattle Seahawks Thread

Do we really not have very many Seahawks fans or something around here? Come on now!

We got a big game coming up against Arizona. Getting a win to get to 3-3 heading into the bye will be huge. Hopefully we'll get Trufant and Hill back after the bye, which would be huge. And our schedule isn't terribly difficult either. I think there's still a shot at the playoffs. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Official Seattle Seahawks Thread

Trying hard to not become a Negative Nancy since I've been onboard since 1976....but there are certain realities:

-Lofa's gone for the year now (pec).
-Kerney reinjured his groin yesterday
-Our punter was our Player of the Game
-Our O-line is BEYOND ridiculously battered
-We nearly never play well on the road, especially against tougher teams
-We have great need at OL and safety in the draft/FA.
-We are woefully inconsistent this year, injuries or otherwise...
-We have too much money tied up in injury-prone players...Branch, Kerney, Jones, Hill, Locklear, etc.
-We need a team identity.

Some bright spots:

-Matt's still upright after another weekend.
-Hill and Trufant returning after BYE.
-"Heater" Hawthorne is a VERY good backup for Lofa
-Ummmm....Curry is awesome.
-Uh...our draft pick is going up?
-At least our WR corps is healthy this year?

Seriously, I love this team. I loved them thru all their decades, yes, even the Behring years. Good or bad, they are always interesting! I'm not suggesting any major coaching shakeups or anything...maybe it'll just take another draft or two for this team's identity to take shape, and we are a healthier team.

This team could send a nice message by beating the Cowboys on Oct 11th in Dallas...it's the kind of galvanizing road win that could put some wind in the sails for a little streak, health providing.

But right now, using my 'hawks in Madden seems to be the only way I can see them in the playoffs this season.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Yeah, it's hard to try to stay positive with everything that's happening. I was at the game Sunday and all I heard around me was people calling for Hasselbeck's head. But why? I mean what quarterback could possibly do ANYTHING behind that offensive line? I mean he had guys coming after him a second or two after the snap. There's nothing he can do about that. Fans are placing blame on the wrong people here.

Sad when one of the most memorable parts of the game was when Hasselbeck hit Carlson right in the helmet on a pass.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Ah yes, the helmet doink. lol

Matt was swarmed all day because after they went up on us early, they just played pass all game long. They even swamped the quick routes and slants and had our WRs blanketed because (except for Butler) they aren't quick off the LOS.

And yeah, it still comes back to the OL being ravaged...sigh. You can also direct some ire at the coaches for not adapting to the situation and trying to go four-wide more often to get some of the blitzers off Matt.

It'll be nice to have Tru and Hill back after the bye, at least. Hill said yesterday he's 100% and ready for Dallas. Tru's been practicing and is fully expected back for Dallas.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Good news, Lofa might not be out all year.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2009, 12:01 AM   #6
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
Good news, Lofa might not be out all year.
Yeah, but I think that unless we get some sort of miracle on the offensive line, then this team can't go anywhere.

I was listening to 710 KIRO this afternoon and the Brock & Salk show. They were talking about how this team doesn't have an identity, and were asking what kind of identity did the 2005 team have? A caller said they were a "good finesse team." Then Brock started thinking: are they really a finesse team? Definitely not. Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson, Robbie Tobeck, Chris Gray, Sean Locklear on the line. Everytime we'd get to third and short, we would run the exact same play: a run to the left behind Jones and Hutchinson. Everyone knew it was coming but it still would not be stopped. Jones and Hutch would just destroy everyone on that left side and Alexander would get that first down and then some.

Now that was an offensive line. The best in football at the time, in my opinion. And look where it got us. This team needs work, and it needs to be built from the o-line and out. I would hope that they spend either one or both of their first rounders next year on the o-line.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Biggest mistake ever made by the Seahawks = Letting Hutch walk.

Ruined our team. Alexander vanished, and the offense is nothing without a running game.

I say they draft O-line first pick, then grab a RB with Denver's choice. They can grab a solid QB in the later rounds if everyone comes out.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 10-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
Biggest mistake ever made by the Seahawks = Letting Hutch walk.

Ruined our team. Alexander vanished, and the offense is nothing without a running game.

I say they draft O-line first pick, then grab a RB with Denver's choice. They can grab a solid QB in the later rounds if everyone comes out.
You know, I don't think QB is THAT big of an issue. Yeah, Matt may be a bit fragile and some think he's lost it. But honestly, what QB could perform behind this o-line? Who in the hell is going to be our starting left tackle coming out of this bye week? Damion McIntosh.

I just think our o-line needs a huge retooling and we start from there. And we really, really need help at safety, both spots. Badly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »