Home

trading gilbert arenas???

This is a discussion on trading gilbert arenas??? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
trading gilbert arenas???

I'm thinking of starting an association with the wiz but im relaly not a fan of gilbert. I could see them trading him if the right offer came up and i was kind of just wondering if yall had any likely realistic trade possibilities for gilbert or have you done any trades involving him? What would the wiz be looking for/expecting in return in a trade like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 03:21 AM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: trading gilbert arenas???

In real life, he is untradeable.

Nobody is taking on 5 years and 95 million more (or whatever it is) with those knees.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:27 AM   #3
Rookie

mot5082's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheels153369
I'm thinking of starting an association with the wiz but im relaly not a fan of gilbert. I could see them trading him if the right offer came up and i was kind of just wondering if yall had any likely realistic trade possibilities for gilbert or have you done any trades involving him? What would the wiz be looking for/expecting in return in a trade like this?
dude don't trade him, he's the ish in the game. him and caron and antwaan are beasts. if you trade him, you most likely woudln't want a scoring guard back right? so if you get a 2 or 3 either way there's no point as you already have caron, by getting a 2 or 3 it would hurt his play. unless you find a way to equally distribute the ball to them. and if you get a scoring big it would hurt how you use antwaan. so pretty much it would leave you at getting a scoring pg. well in this case why would you trade arguably the best scoring pg in the game? Even if you don't like arenas, he's so good in the game that you can turn him into a passing pg. i use the wiz and average 20 and 14 with him. a starting lineup i would suggest is arenas, steenson, butler, jameson, haywood. Mike miller is so so in the game and stevenson's athleticism helps him keep up with the best 2's in the game.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
Rookie

mot5082's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
In real life, he is untradeable.

Nobody is taking on 5 years and 95 million more (or whatever it is) with those knees.
and that too

Old 10-15-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheels153369
I had a nice Wiz association going last year, and completely revamped the entire roster in three years. Won the title that year as well.

First thing you want to do is decide who you want to build around, and do everything you can to get rid of the terrible contracts on that team.

First thing I did was dump Areanas and a cap filler for Jason Kidd. Remember this is all last year, but it may work again.

Next, I traded Jamison to the Pistons for Sheed and a first. Sheed and Kidd were both expiring contracts.

I'm not saying use these exact players (although Dallas may pull the trigger on the Areanas deal) but give up Butler or Jamison for a slightly lower ovr player with an expiring contract and a first round pick.

Then you have two first rounders and can either build by depth, or move up and acquire a soon to be superstar.

Hope this helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

yea i was thinkinga bout a trade like that and the one that i got to work and got the cpu to accept was gilbert and oberto to the nets for rafer alston, bobby simmons, sean williams and their 2010 1st round pick. Simmons and alston both have expiring contracts and i really like sean williams and the energy he can bring off the bench. How realistic do you think this could be. I know the nets have harris but they could play gil at the 2 and then have a pretty legit team and i like it for my wiz

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »