Home

Why the silence?

This is a discussion on Why the silence? within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Why the silence?

I'm sure im not in the minority here. A long time 2k guy, after seeing the presentation videos this game is now a day 1 buy, but after each day passes without information I get more worried. This game is only 1 month from being release. Yet we know hardly anything about it. We knows its going to have great presentation.

What we dont know is gameplay,any improvements to dynasty, college atmosphere, stadiums, etc

This worries me big time, on almost all other sports games you know the key features and see tons of video months ahead of time. I dont think this is good marketing for EA right now I dont know what the deal is.

Is it that they are just going to wait and give us all this information at once right before release, or is it that sadly there isnt too many "new" features and improvements to key components of the game.

I'm not trying to knock a game before it even comes out, I just find it very very odd on the lack of information and how soon this game is set to hit the shelves. I'm extremely excited about this game, yet I feel like i know nothing about it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #2

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Why the silence?

Maybe, just maybe they want to do a seperate video on their dynasty stuff.

After all, the Broadcast videos were just released last week. If they market it like live, expect blogs coming probably every week.

No need to rush.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I agree after showing us the presentation weve gotten nothing. i am also concerned that the presentation is the only real upgrade i hope not because they really have my hopes up after what i have played in live just hope sim stats,recruiting and the bs upsets are fixed.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Sounded like they weren't allowed to release any info til after the Live launch, so I'm guessing we should get plenty of info here soon. Like Marino mentioned, I imagine a weekly blog for the major updates.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

We know plenty about the gameplay simply based on Live, the only thing we don't know is what college twists will be put into it. Trust me, gameplay will not be an issue with NCAA 10.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
Rookie

sectiona21's Arena

OVR: 3

You know I really believe in this game but I have to agree with you guys.

It seems like we were hit hard with a lot of presentation info and vids but then everything seemed to just stop.

Like I said, I believe in the game..and were still a month away from launch, so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the guys at EA. But we all know the presentation is great and all, but if the dynasty and online is not improved, the presentation cannot carry the game alone.

Even if someone from EA just gave a heads up to everyone checking in for new info and said "hey we'll be releasing some new info on Friday" or "there will be a new blog up by Sunday about the improved Dynasty mode"...that would silence a lot of us.

But from what you guys at EA have shown so far, I'm very excited to see more. The presentation is unprecedented up to now and its obvious you guys at EA listened to everyone and their wishes for the game. Gus Johnson alone probably just made it a Day 1 purchase alone. But thats because I believe you didn't just stop at presentation when you developed '10.

Great job so far EA.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
We know plenty about the gameplay simply based on Live, the only thing we don't know is what college twists will be put into it. Trust me, gameplay will not be an issue with NCAA 10.
I completely agree with that. Both gameplay and presentation will be decent to say the least. But they have the potential to be great.

Main concern is Dynasty Mode. Even if only sim. results and recruiting gets an overhaul, it will be fine. Not great but fine. Of course, rosters should be accurate as well.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:34 AM   #8
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Yeah i guess gameplay should be ok if its like Live, I'm still concerned a lot about dynasty.

I just think its weird because I even went to the main page of NCAA 10 and it didnt list any features. I guess I'm just spoiled now because a lot of games release a lot of information more ahead of time then a month, but it makes sense for them to do a weekly blog and hopefully we have 1 on dynasty soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »