Home

Dump and Chase - AI Cheap Goals

This is a discussion on Dump and Chase - AI Cheap Goals within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Dump and Chase - AI Cheap Goals

I hate the Dump and Chase when the AI does it. Why?

Because (a) I feel like board play is way in favor of the AI and D&C usually involves board play,

and

(b) because after the puck is dumped, my D-men can never pick it up along the boards. It's like they hold their sticks up and refuse to pick up the puck or something. The puck just slides right by their sticks. So the AI forwards always get the puck even if I get to it first.

Anyone else have problems with this? And possible solutions?

The problem is that is usually leads to cheap AI goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Dump and Chase - AI Cheap Goals

If the puck goes into the corner bouncing uncontrollably i tend wait a little bit before going in with the defender. Usually you have enough time to do this.

If the AI initiates boardplay you don't have to kick the puck away instantly (unless they send in another skater to poke the puck away, the CPU is usually very accurate in doing this). Wait until your other defender is in a position to skate behind the net and collect the puck.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Have no clue what settings you play with but I have had a lot of success on the boards once I mastered the controls. The dump and chase produces "cheap goals" often in real life with the lunch bucket lines, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there. I am able to do everything the CPU can, and when I realized that back in 08 it made the NHL series much more enjoyable.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

what stat category do I need to spend points on for my EASHL player to be able to control these loose bouncing pucks easier? I assume it's not "puck control" because that is for when you actually have the puck.. no?
Old 10-15-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Very frustrating when your d-man skates over a puck multiple times(even ones that aren't bouncing!!!) and then have someone like Iginla reach his stick 10 feet from behind your man to snatch the puck up....Seen this waaaay too many times, and looks like bad programing rather than a nervous/rattled d-man which is what they are trying to portray.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

I see loose pucks being missed on both ends and I find board play to be just about even if not a little easy so I can't really say I agree with that.

One thing that does bother me is the fact that I can lose the puck when deking (which I LOVE) but I don't think I've ever seen this happen to the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »