Home

Official Rate My Trade Thread

This is a discussion on Official Rate My Trade Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Official Rate My Trade Thread

Discuss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Re: Official Rate My Trade Thread

Thinking about making a couple swaps in my association w/ the Wizards.

I've placed Antawn Jamison on the block looking to get some frontline defensive help because Brendan Haywood is a civ.

The Clippers offered C Chris Kaman for Jamison.

Also haven't had much success w/ Mike Miller. The CPU Mavs have Jason Terry on the block, and are willing to accept a one-for-one for Miller (expiring $9.75m contract). I could likely move Haywood to Dallas in a 3-team deal, and net Jason Terry and Chris Kaman but would like to add a 4 and don't really see one coming from either team.

Thoughts? Help appreciated.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Isn't Andray Blatche pretty good defensively at the 4? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Umm... Tyrus Thomas is at least a very good rebounder (at least he was in 2k9). Very athletic. Same with Hakeem Warrick.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Isn't Andray Blatche pretty good defensively at the 4? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Umm... Tyrus Thomas is at least a very good rebounder (at least he was in 2k9). Very athletic. Same with Hakeem Warrick.
Blatche is better than Jamison (Defensively), just don't think he's a starter yet. Although, either is Dominic McGuire but I really like him as both a rebounder and defender and he can guard 3 positions.

What do you think of the Jamison/Miller 3-team deal that nets me Chris Kaman and Jason Terry?

I like it myself, although I'm kinda curious to see what kind of cap room I'd have holding out and not making a trade. Miller, Foye, Haywood all have expiring contracts and I've got a couple others who have expiring contracts too (Javaris Crittenton/Fabricio Oberto/Dominic McGuire).

Last edited by JBH3; 10-11-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #5

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Blatche is better than Jamison, just don't think he's a starter yet either is Dominic McGuire but I really like him as both a rebounder and defender and he can guard 3 positions.

What do you think of the Jamison/Miller 3-team deal that nets me Chris Kaman and Jason Terry?

I like it myself, although I'm kinda curious to see what kind of cap room I'd have holding out and not making a trade. Miller, Foye, Haywood all have expiring contracts and I've got a couple others who have expiring contracts too (Javaris Crittenton/Fabricio Oberto/Dominic McGuire).
Yeah I used to run with the Wizards back in 2k9, so that's what I'm basing my knowledge of Blatche on. McGuire is great. I loved him as a change up when Caron Butler was tired last year.

The only issue with the 3-team trade is that by trading away Miller and aquiring Terry, you got Arenas, Terry, and Foye, all 3 of which are scoring guards, and all 3 of which are undersized. I'd be interested to see if you could find a big PG and then move Arenas to SG so that you don't really have matchup problems, but you end up with a PG that can distribute. How tall is Calderon? He usually ends up getting traded in the association mode. Or you could go a more unrealistic route and try to go after Eric Maynor.

Definitely like the Chris Kaman part though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Yeah I used to run with the Wizards back in 2k9, so that's what I'm basing my knowledge of Blatche on. McGuire is great. I loved him as a change up when Caron Butler was tired last year.

The only issue with the 3-team trade is that by trading away Miller and aquiring Terry, you got Arenas, Terry, and Foye, all 3 of which are scoring guards, and all 3 of which are undersized. I'd be interested to see if you could find a big PG and then move Arenas to SG so that you don't really have matchup problems, but you end up with a PG that can distribute. How tall is Calderon? He usually ends up getting traded in the association mode. Or you could go a more unrealistic route and try to go after Eric Maynor.

Definitely like the Chris Kaman part though.
Thanks for your input.

I kinda like the back court of Gil/Jet though. Both can bring it up, and I can have Gil play off-guard w/o having to sub-in Foye like I've been doing. Gil isn't undersized though, he's one of the bigger PGs, and JET was running point quite often for Dallas before they got Kidd. I like his defensive skills too, and his 3pt shooting.

What I don't like about JET is his age though. He'll be 35 by the time his current 3yr contract is up.

What about Jamison going to LAC? Do you think that's a deal they'd do? I thought about maybe editing his position if I traded him so that LAC would have Jamison start at SF and still have Blake Griffin starting.

Acquiring Kaman would be great for Washington though, and he's otherwise the perfect acquisition given LACs got Camby too.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #7

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Thanks for your input.

I kinda like the back court of Gil/Jet though. Both can bring it up, and I can have Gil play off-guard w/o having to sub-in Foye like I've been doing. Gil isn't undersized though, he's one of the bigger PGs, and JET was running point quite often for Dallas before they got Kidd. I like his defensive skills too, and his 3pt shooting.

What I don't like about JET is his age though. He'll be 35 by the time his current 3yr contract is up.

What about Jamison going to LAC? Do you think that's a deal they'd do? I thought about maybe editing his position if I traded him so that LAC would have Jamison start at SF and still have Blake Griffin starting.

Acquiring Kaman would be great for Washington though, and he's otherwise the perfect acquisition given LACs got Camby too.
Yeah I'd change Jamison to SF if you do the trade. Terry will probably retire by the time that contract is up if that means anything to you. But the Wizards are kind of a win now kind of team anyway so if you think Kaman and Terry will get you over the hump, that's the way to go.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Heat

Hopefully this gets stickied...but anyways..here are my trades so far..mind you I am not so sim..so I also picked up AI since he was still in FA...
(From Oldest to Newest Trades)

Udonis Haslem, 2nd, Quentin Richardson, Mario Chalmers for Jason Thompson, K Martin, 2nd, Omri Casspi(Banking on Jason Thompson overall going up a good few notches... I have liked how he has played though so far compared to Haslem..Quentin took up so much cap space..)

J O'Neal, 2nd, 2nd('11) for Kendrick Perkins, 2nd, 2nd('11)

Chris Quinn, 2nd Round, 1st Round for Spurs Michael Finley, 2nd, 1st...(Better rating for I am guessing 2 or 3 years of play..and I get better draft picks)

I would like to grab a real PG or get a great shooting forward..so with my current team..any ideas that sound good for me?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »