Home

Dunk disaster

This is a discussion on Dunk disaster within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Icon4 Dunk disaster

Major problems here.

You can't do a 360 dunk because no one has a 360 dunk set.
You have to set it as a special dunk. No one has any special dunks set.

Josh Smith has Dwight Howard's dunk package.
Josh Smith can't use his own dunk package or any the reverse,windmill or 360 special dunks unless you change his main position to SF. J.R. Smith has the J.Smith package though JR is a good dunker it appears to be Josh's dunks.

Vince Carter has the Athletic Guard package instead of his own. Also his sig shot is listed as A. Carter but there's no V. Carter.

Nate Robinson has the Rimgrazer package instead of his own.

Kobe can't be given 360 dunks by default.

Melo has the Athletic Guard package and also can't use his own by default. You have to increase his dunk rating from 79 to 85 to be able to give him his dunk package.

Kevin Garnett can't use his own dunk package by default. You have to increase his dunk rating from 63 to 85

Tim Duncan can't use his dunk package by default. Increase his dunk rating from 45 to 85.

Nene doesn't even have ANY dunk package by default. 79 to 85 to enable his.

Shaq of course can't use his increase to 85 from 58.

Amare can't use his,increase rating from 84 to 85.

Yao too,you know what to do.

I can't even find James White to see if he's got his. The blacktop mode/dunk contest says he's on the 76ers but he's not there on the roster screen and using him in the dunk contest he's got a generic jersery and isn't on the FA list either.

Last edited by goh; 10-09-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Dunk disaster

The hell? This is weird... especially the players not having a package assigned when they have their own dunk package (like Nene)... weird oversight. It's like this on the official rosters that were just released?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Yeah, this is really annoying. Thing that sucks about editing the players to 85, is that it raises their dunking ability in traffic as well.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 10-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

It's more than just that. The layups packages are screwed up as well. Here is a post I made about it in the thread about the dunk and layup packages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
DC there are a couple of things that have haven't been mentioned yet when it comes to the dunk packages. There is another package nobody has mentioned. Jason Richardson has his own package. There are also limits to what dunks and dunk packages you can assign to a player based on thier position.

For example I edited Blake Griffin cause they have horrible rated his dunking, speed, quickness, and vertical all in the 50's. So I was going to use him as the example to see how the assigning sig dunks work. Well to my surprise I edited him to a 85 dunk but all of the packages or dunks wasn't available. You will like this though I couldn't assign him any windmills, reverse dunks, or 360's. Now I don't normally have a problem with but Blake Griffin is a guy who has windmilled more than a few times during games and on the break. He is a very very explosive player yet he is being limited in this game because of position. I wanted to give him the power windmill for fastbreak purposes and wasn't able to.

Also I don't believe that the J. Smith package is for Josh Smith. I believe it is for J.R. Smith. Reason being J.R. has that package assigned to him not Josh Smith. If you go look at Josh Smith he has Dwight Howard's package. I tried to edit and give him the J.Smith package but since he is listed as a PF they wouldn't allow me to give to him. Again this is where I have having a problem with these position limitations. Josh Smith is capable of doing any type of dunk there is in a game but since he is listed as a PF we are only allowed to give him big man packages.

OH lastly almost EVERY player in the game is assigned the rookie guard/big man layup packages. I mean guys like Rose who pull of some of the most amazing layups you will se is assigned rookie guard. Even guys like Manu and Parker, who have thier own packages, are assigned rookie guard on this default roster. If I'm not mistaken only Kobe, Paul, and maybe Crawford are actually assigned thier own package.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
You can't do a 360 dunk because no one has a 360 dunk set.
You have to set it as a special dunk. No one has any special dunks set.
Jason Richardson's package does have a 360 in it. In fact it has three different ones in it. The problem is the 360 dunk doesn't work in that game at no matter if it is in thier package or you set it has a specialty dunk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Any word on this being fixed in a patch?
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 10-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Might be patched
Old 10-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Might be patched
And you know what'll happen then, right? 360's in traffic, windmills...dunkfest material...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »