Home

Tips on DEFENDING vs Lead Pass (I found this to be effective)

This is a discussion on Tips on DEFENDING vs Lead Pass (I found this to be effective) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon14 Tips on DEFENDING vs Lead Pass (I found this to be effective)

LEAD PASS IS NEVER GOIN AWAY.. Ya'll can quote me on that patch OR NOT...So live with it..LoL..Anyway, I played the Lakers 8x yesterday and I found out something that was effctive..NOT 100% effective but it subsided the effectiveness of the lead pass and 100% paint shot success...

Here are my sliders for ranked matches:

DPressure: 75
Defensive help: 40.

Yes 40. If you guys havent noticed, the DEFENSIVE AI IS HORRIBLE This year despite being promised by 2k that defense has improved. With your d help at a slider high, your c or pf will help out all the time leaving the paint open. Dwight who has a 94 def awareness rating kept leaving pau, bynum and the paint so I put it at 40 and it somewhat helped because he was in the paint a lot more..

HERES THE KEY.. Go to matchups...and on def pressure..go to the opther team's PF, C or people that camp in the paint like the bynums, gasols, odom and SAG OFF THEM mutha fu** ers...LoL

Heres why..if you have the pressure on auto or tight, the defensive ai IS RIGHT NEXT TO THEM WHILE THEIR MOVING...If you sag off, the defensive AI will be in FRONT OF THEM ALL THE TIME since they are sagged off giving them space...You sometimes would have to manually contest the shot for the AI because sometimes, the center/pf will JUST STAND THERE and NOT CONTEST (yes even dwight) so u gotta do it yourself...If you contest the shot ON TIME, they will miss...Dont get frustrated though..2k made paint players like gasol, bynum AND LAMAR FREAKIN ODOM Like Gods this year..But I found that with the def pressure SAGGED OFF THEM, it helped out a ton...

and...SINCE SHOOTING 3s IS RETARTED online this year EVEN IF YOUR WIDE OPEN, My def pressure as a team, I WILL LOWER to maybe 45-50 since cheesers online dont know how to shoot....Look at PTOWNSFINEST...The 2k all-star champ...HE scores 85% of his points in the paint..AND WHEN HE SHOOTS 3s...HE HAS A 29% 3-point%,,,LoL...

Again...THIS WILL SUBSIDE THE LEAD PASS and PAINT SHOTS SINCE YOU WILL BE IN FRONT OF YOUR MAN ALL THE TIME...U have to user your defender AT TIMES to contest shots...

DONT COME IN HERE Like some noob saying "IT WONT WORK" well ask yourself this...

DID YOU TRY IT? DID YOU PRACTICE IT???

Ask me for ?S...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Strategy

OVR: 36
Re: Tips on DEFENDING vs Lead Pass (I found this to be effective)

So is the option actually "SAG OFF"?
Old 10-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Tips on DEFENDING vs Lead Pass (I found this to be effective)

Forgive me, I've seen the term lead pass used a million times on this forum. I, however, have no idea what it actually means. Could you please explain to me what a lead pass is?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »