Home

Went to Gamestop to get NBA Live 10, Funny Story

This is a discussion on Went to Gamestop to get NBA Live 10, Funny Story within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Went to Gamestop to get NBA Live 10, Funny Story

So I just got the game, and yes the gameplay is much improved. Arena atmosphere looks great and each arena/team is different which gives it more replay value when playing either Dynasty Mode or Online.

I'm impressed with NBA Live 10 and am happy I bought the game, now anyways onto my store.

So I go into Gamestop, and I'm walking up to the counter to ask "You got NBA Live 10?" and he's like "Well...um....yeah but...why" and i'm thinking in my head "What the hell?"

So anyways I ask him "Let me get that" and he says "Yeah but I want to warn you, this game is horrible...just straight horrible"

I say "Well I played both demos on it, and I know 2K10 is gonna be a good game, but I chose NBA Live 09 last year and although it wasn't the best, NBA Live 10 has improved immensely in one year just by the demo alone."

He goes "I don't know man, you can even ask him" Some other counter worker and he agrees and even someone else who bought both NBA 2K10 and NBA Live 10 said "The presentation for Live 10 is good... but the gameplay kills it"

I'm thinking "Wow there's no way the game is that bad, I've played the demos and made my assumption"

Anyways I was trading all my Live games to lower down the cost, I traded in NBA Live 05, 06, 2K7, 2K8 and Live 09, and as he's scanning the games he's like "So you liked 2K at one point, why'd you go with Live last year?" I say "Because of the NBA Live 365, it got me hooked and the game was alright, Live 09 could of been better but don't worry Live 10 is going to deliver"

He's like "Ok man.... one last time, are you sure you want it?"

I'm getting a bit annoyed now, as if he should care what game I want, I understand it's his opinion but once you start asking other workers and even buyers it goes a bit too far.

So i say "Yes, I want it". He then scans the games, I pay like 40$ instead of 65 for the trade ins and as he gave me the bag for the game he's like "Here goes your game your going to hate"

I start laughing cuz it was funny the way he said it, I guess the man really hates EA Sports or something. I laugh as I walk off, and that's pretty much it. It's just so wierd because last year with Live 09 another worker from a different game store also said that I should go with 2K, and maybe 2K9 was better, but this year the gap is alot closer now and the King of Basketball is up for grabs IMO, both games will be good.. But to kill NBA Live 10 like it was straight horrible, that was amusing to say the least.

I played a full game, 12 min quarters, Cavs @ Pacers, I was Cleveland. Without tweaking sliders I had a very enjoyable game, 107-101 final. No real complaints, a few issues I noticed but nothing to take away the great enjoyment I played when playing a game where you have to move the ball around and battle for position, thank you EA for finally stepping up this year to battle 2K Sports.

On to checking out the online section now, Is it true they took out the team play and now Addidas run is where you can be any player in the game? That kinda sucks if its true, since everyone will be the star players, oh well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Went to Gamestop to get NBA Live 10, Funny Story

I had that happen once with apf2k8. I don't know why they even care.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

What a douche. That guy shouldn't question what you want even if you walk in there and ask him for Barbie's Horse Adventures.

Why in the heck would he try to talk you out of a sale anyways? Lol.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

What a prick. Even if he was half joking, what does it matter to him what game your getting? And besides, you really can't go wrong with either game this year.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

His opinion is one thing, but maybe there's a reason he's working in a Gamestop. He should have said something like "why don't you buy both and compare them?"

The people at the local Gamestop and EBGames always encourage me to buy other things. They tell me about their policy to allow people to return games if I don't like them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Just my two cents....How many guys go into a video game store and ask the clerks if the game they are looking for is any good? I know I've done it before. Maybe they're just feel obligated to giving advice on games...Especially one that's had a such a bad track record. Besides, it's only the sales clerks opinion.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Not a surprise, Gamestop is filled with Fanboys. I hate that type of ****.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavsFan23
So I just got the game, and yes the gameplay is much improved. Arena atmosphere looks great and each arena/team is different which gives it more replay value when playing either Dynasty Mode or Online.

I'm impressed with NBA Live 10 and am happy I bought the game, now anyways onto my store.

So I go into Gamestop, and I'm walking up to the counter to ask "You got NBA Live 10?" and he's like "Well...um....yeah but...why" and i'm thinking in my head "What the hell?"

So anyways I ask him "Let me get that" and he says "Yeah but I want to warn you, this game is horrible...just straight horrible"

I say "Well I played both demos on it, and I know 2K10 is gonna be a good game, but I chose NBA Live 09 last year and although it wasn't the best, NBA Live 10 has improved immensely in one year just by the demo alone."

He goes "I don't know man, you can even ask him" Some other counter worker and he agrees and even someone else who bought both NBA 2K10 and NBA Live 10 said "The presentation for Live 10 is good... but the gameplay kills it"

I'm thinking "Wow there's no way the game is that bad, I've played the demos and made my assumption"

Anyways I was trading all my Live games to lower down the cost, I traded in NBA Live 05, 06, 2K7, 2K8 and Live 09, and as he's scanning the games he's like "So you liked 2K at one point, why'd you go with Live last year?" I say "Because of the NBA Live 365, it got me hooked and the game was alright, Live 09 could of been better but don't worry Live 10 is going to deliver"

He's like "Ok man.... one last time, are you sure you want it?"

I'm getting a bit annoyed now, as if he should care what game I want, I understand it's his opinion but once you start asking other workers and even buyers it goes a bit too far.

So i say "Yes, I want it". He then scans the games, I pay like 40$ instead of 65 for the trade ins and as he gave me the bag for the game he's like "Here goes your game your going to hate"

I start laughing cuz it was funny the way he said it, I guess the man really hates EA Sports or something. I laugh as I walk off, and that's pretty much it. It's just so wierd because last year with Live 09 another worker from a different game store also said that I should go with 2K, and maybe 2K9 was better, but this year the gap is alot closer now and the King of Basketball is up for grabs IMO, both games will be good.. But to kill NBA Live 10 like it was straight horrible, that was amusing to say the least.

I played a full game, 12 min quarters, Cavs @ Pacers, I was Cleveland. Without tweaking sliders I had a very enjoyable game, 107-101 final. No real complaints, a few issues I noticed but nothing to take away the great enjoyment I played when playing a game where you have to move the ball around and battle for position, thank you EA for finally stepping up this year to battle 2K Sports.

On to checking out the online section now, Is it true they took out the team play and now Addidas run is where you can be any player in the game? That kinda sucks if its true, since everyone will be the star players, oh well.
which store was this at my man? That's some shady ish right there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »