Home

**Your 2k Association -- Impressions and Updates**

This is a discussion on **Your 2k Association -- Impressions and Updates** within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon4 **Your 2k Association -- Impressions and Updates**

Being an Association junkie, just wanted to start this. This may be the best Associaion mode EVER in any game, next to "The Show".

I like seeing how others people are doing, and how the CPU is handling things. I updated all my rosters personally (i.e Bogan with Spurs) so it's accurate as of Monday when I loaded my Association. I try to keep things as "real" to life as I can...
-----------------
Team
Sacramento Kings

Current Record
2-2 in October (Current 2 game winning streak, after 2 game losing streak). Superstar mode, so I'm pleased at my progression.

Surprised that...
Thompson is really good... Casspi might be the toughest player on the team... Garcia is ideal 6th man. Shooting free-throws with Martin is a challenge (currently 3-8 for season).

Pissed that...
Jon Brockman (who was a very good college player) is not in the game. I didn't feel like creating him, or waiting for an update to start my association... Evans and Martin in the backcourt is taking time to develop... Defense with this team is uhhhh...

Transactions...
Sent Donte' Green to D-League... 3-way trade that got me U. Haslem (Udrih and my 2nd round pick are now with Bucks, Luke Ridnour, S. Rodriguez and my 2011 2nd round pick now with Heat) this morning... So now Udrih's contract is off the books, and I got more money freed up for 2010 FAs... Picked up Bobby Jackson and Adonal Foyle from FA this morning, both 1 year deals... Kenny Thomas is on Trading Block, and will stay inactive until I can stike a deal or cut him (1 year/8 mil. left on contract)

-----------------
I'll keep you guys updated. I got a feeling Haslem's moral will drop (along with his rating) once he realizes he's behind Thompson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: **Your 2k Association -- Initial Details and Updates**

Nice. What are the FG% in the games you played?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 10-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Started an association with the Rockets. My first two moves HOU fans may not agree with but, I got a trade offer for Yao Ming from Dallas for Dirk Nowitski and there 1st round draft pick, I gladly accepted.

Secondly i put our other injury prone player, Tracy McGrady on the trading block. I got one offer. Jermaine O'Neal, I accepted.

We started off the season very poorly, last in our division, 8 games back.

During the all star break I got a trade offer from the San Antonio Spurs, Roger Mason and a 2nd round pick for Louis Scola. Scola was only averaging 5.5 PPG so i gave him up.

My starting 5 at the point was...

PG. Aaron Brooks
SG. Roger Mason
SF. Trevor Ariza
PF. Jermaine O'Neal
C. Dirk Nowitzki

At that point we went on a hot streak!. Currently riding the wave of a 12 game win streak we snuck into the 8th playoff spot for now, hopefully we can keep this momentum up and get up even farther in the standings.

Both Brooks and Dirk are averaging over 21 PPG, they are really running my offense tremendously. Those two trades I made with the other Texas teams are really paying off. And getting rid of always injured ball hog T-Mac wasn't too bad either.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Are you all experiencing the Development Drill bug?
Old 10-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy
Are you all experiencing the Development Drill bug?
I've heard of the bug, but even in past 2k's i never used the drills anyway. So it's not a problem with me. But it seems like everyone who DOES use the drills are experiencing the same problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Started an association with the Rockets. My first two moves HOU fans may not agree with but, I got a trade offer for Yao Ming from Dallas for Dirk Nowitski and there 1st round draft pick, I gladly accepted.

PG. Aaron Brooks
SG. Roger Mason
SF. Trevor Ariza
PF. Jermaine O'Neal
C. Dirk Nowitzki
ugh.. what a bad trade, i mean.. good for you.. but that was just a bad ai trade offer..

oh and why is dirk your C? JO is the more natural C, and dirk is a F..
Old 10-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapboY
ugh.. what a bad trade, i mean.. good for you.. but that was just a bad ai trade offer..

oh and why is dirk your C? JO is the more natural C, and dirk is a F..
I never really saw J. O'Neal as the Center type. It's working out good for me so far.

And yea I was pretty shocked when I saw that trade offer to say the least. I couldn't reject it though.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Well I'm doing all 30 teams, so I'll probably be behind you guys, lol, but I'm loving what I see thus far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »