Home

NBA LIVE 11: Dynasty Wishes

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 11: Dynasty Wishes within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 46
NBA LIVE 11: Dynasty Wishes

Ok, I noodled around in dynasty today and man it stinks like a monkey.

we need an overhaul.
one year style.

its sooooooo boring and disconnected.

But thank god [wang and the crew] for dynamic season and the awesome core gameplay.
this game Plays like a dream.
but step in dynasty and its a nightmare.

what is there to do? lol
its funny both games have the tmobile sidekick annd somehow 2k managed to make THAT look ten times better.
big orange background with a basketball in it, it looks like a sidekick does in terms of the menus in it even.

it even has the jingle.

Ea's has the usual black and silver death look.
am i being harsh?
small details go a long way.

no its elegant, but has no life to it.

changes need to happen.

- hiring/firing coaches

- bring back legends!

- cutaways to the bench during games [i wanna see that pensive look on Coach D'antonis mug].

- crowd shots [like a guy in the crowd sleeping during a blowout and the announcers saying something bout it]

- nba2k style stat overlays. these ones in live are horrific. truly. this is 2009. whats with the drab black strips? how bout a nice box style overlay, slim and unobtrusive, but bold.

- scores of other games during your game.

- actually to narrow this down, and this sounds like a madden presentation request for years, steal everything from 2k! lol

- fix sim stats

- add a new color commentator and UPGRADE that commentary. They sound so sleepy, man. wow. trade them to tiger and give us van pelt.
zzzzzz

- redo the menus for dynasty, the black and silver is drab and non engaging.
use the espn colors and graphics.

- add highlights/pre post show like madden 10. add a hot chica.

- in-game injuries

- ability to see other box scores from games and view other games.

actually let me cut this short.
in a nutshell, go rent 2k10 look at what they have, and do all that.

play an association game and weep.
its friggin unreal.

simply amazing the presentation.

nothing more to say.

talk of upcoming games, WITH players stats.

TONS of seasonal pop ups.
on and on and on and on.

i wonder how Ea fell so far behind in presentation.

lets get it done guys.

my ea mantra.
you got me back with gameplay, keep me here with presentation.

Like Coolio, lets go all the waaaaaay Liiiive.

Last edited by econoodle; 10-06-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA LIVE 11: Dynasty Wishes

I havent played the game as I havent got it yet, but what I have seen between videos of both, 2K does do an amazing job with making you feel like your watching a proper NBA broadcast. To EA's credit, they have focused this year on getting the gameplay right (from what I have seen and read) and I can count on them to progress on not only the gameplay next year but also the presentation to truly immerse everyone in a great basketball game.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkysven
I havent played the game as I havent got it yet, but what I have seen between videos of both, 2K does do an amazing job with making you feel like your watching a proper NBA broadcast. To EA's credit, they have focused this year on getting the gameplay right (from what I have seen and read) and I can count on them to progress on not only the gameplay next year but also the presentation to truly immerse everyone in a great basketball game.

I agree funky seven/

I was just thinking bout it.

2k is like watching a tv broadcast while playing a videogame.
whereas Live is like Playing a videogame with stats popping up.

2k blurs the line.

I like the 2k approach of merging the two.
Total immersion is what made NFL2k5 so legendary.

EA can get there.
CHinese democracy starts NOW!
Old 10-06-2009, 02:34 AM   #4
Rookie

drewbaby1414's Arena

OVR: 7

They actually need a Dynasty mode...I don't know what to call this thing....Got Kobe on here avg 19ppg.....Come on EA...Get a new crew to do your dynasty mode.

Fix the sim stats...You all are banking on dynamic season which no one has seen implemented...I'm not buying this game until I find out if that is glitch free.

Definitly going with the competitor again this year due to the far, far, far and away superior franchise mode.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Not trying to bash the comp, I'm a PS3 owner and I bought it last night (wa-mart didnt have Live in) and was just flat out unimpressed. Yes the commentary is top notch, association is robust, but I dont like the gameplay one bit. Live has made the comp's game unplayable to me. It may not have a deep dynasty mode, but at least there is one. So I am going to craigslist this bad boy and get Live from best buy. I'm really looking forward to it.

If they can do a dynasty overhaul for Live 11, I'm all in!
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
MVP

-- also, add ability to play preseason games.

I like having that there so i can learn the controls in dynasty during real games, without having it affect my standings or win loss record.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Com'on Dynasty mode sucked last year, With the new graphics, game play and new modes we all knew it was gonna suck again this year. get 2k if you want to play offline.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

My favorite mode in all sports games, I have a lot to say about this topic.

-New Menu - The same menu in Madden 10's Franchise.
-The Extra Point - The same thing they have in Madden 10's Franchise. Weekly(or daily) recap show of scores, stats, streaks, spectacular performances, milestones broken, records broken, injuries, trades, signings, etc.
-NBA Pre-Season - Every team competes in 6 Pre-Season games.
-NBA Summer League - The ability to assign players from your team & D-League roster & invite free agents to your summer league team to compete in 5 games against other teams Summer league teams and a D-League Select team
-NBA D-League - Demote players to your D-League roster to work on their skills, Call up players when you feel they are ready to join your roster.
-Enhanced Training Camp - The ability to invite players from your D-League roster & free agents to train with your team and, have more than 15 players and cut players, scout your teams strengths and weaknesses, determine 12-man active roster & 3 man inactive roster.
-Managing Team - Set prices on tickets and merchandise. Schedule team practices and team events. Relocate your team to new cities & new arenas. Create new jerseys.
-Dynamic Commentary- Have the announcers talk about other games being played, upcoming games, compare players performances with their performance in previous games, etc.
-NBA Draft - More hype around the draft and it's prospects. Cutscenes when someone is picked.
-New Trading System - Allow up to four teams to be involved in a trade(five players per team) with more info on the players like interest, salary & contract length. Also, the ability to trade for cash considerations & draft picks from up to five years away.
-More stats - Show more stats like league leaders in triple doubles, double doubles, turnovers, games played, games started, rookie league leaders, etc.
-More award candidates - Show more award candidates like the candidates for defensive player of the year, sixth man, most improved player, rookie of the year, etc.
-Early Defensive Gameplan - Set defensive strategies & match ups up to a week ahead of time.
-Player Roles - Assign players to roles that include franchise player, starter, 6th Man, role player, prospect & bench warmer. The ability to assign up to 3 team captains.
-Manage Coaches & Staff - Hire & fire coaches(head/assistant) and either select from a free agent pool of coaches or select an interim head coach from your assistant coaches and hire & fire staff(doctors/trainers/scouts/offensive & defensive coordinators).
-Coach Free Agency - The coach free agency should include real life coaches currently unemployed like Avery Johnson, Kevin McHale, Jeff Van Gundy, Isiah Thomas, etc. & recently retired players like Chris Webber, Eric Snow, Jamal Mashburn, etc.
-Enhanced Player Satisfaction - Player satisfaction is determined by their performance, their teams performance, reputation, popularity, minutes, touches, etc.
-NBA All-Star Weekend - More hype around All-Star Weekend. The ability to vote for 2 players(1 on each conference) as a reserve for the NBA All-Star game. Starters chosen in format of 2 guards, 2 forwards, and 1 center.
-Enhanced Trading Block - Express interest in trading a certain player and over time receive e-mails from teams concerning that player and who they are willing to exchange for the player.
-More Contract Lengths - 10 days, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years, 6 years, 7 years.
-More Contract Options - Signing bonuses, no trade clauses, opt out clauses, early termination clauses, bird rights, early bird rights, etc.
-Team Exceptions - Luxury tax, traded player exception, disabled player exception, mid-level exception, bi-annual exception, rookie exception, minimum salary exception, etc
-Free Agency - Restricted free agents, battle with other teams to persuade someone to join your team.

Last edited by kunqlao; 10-06-2009 at 04:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »