Home

Anyone else find themselves chasing every pitch if they haven't played in awhile?

This is a discussion on Anyone else find themselves chasing every pitch if they haven't played in awhile? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-05-2009, 05:00 AM   #1
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Anyone else find themselves chasing every pitch if they haven't played in awhile?

I'm bad about doing this...I am using Psycho's sliders so I get more balls thrown by the computer, but I can't help swinging at everything since I haven't played in probably a month or so. Anyone else have this problem? (I'm using Braves in franchise mode).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anyone else find themselves chasing every pitch if they haven't played in awhile?

Yes.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone else find themselves chasing every pitch if they haven't played in awhile?

I haven't played for a while...trying to hold out for Knight's rosters. I had trouble chasing sliders away and good curves in the dirt...i expect that to continue.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

It doesn't matter with me. I'm a windmill up there. My lack of plate discipline is the reason I lead the league in stranded runners every season I play ( I assume this, b/c there is NO way any team could possibly have more than me).

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 10-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Pro

Mercury53's Arena

OVR: 6

I chase curveballs low in the dirt and mostly any fastball that isn't outside or really high. I find myself always chasing the high heat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I, too, like the high ones.....can't hit'em either. I'm like Kit Keller out there. Sorry for the League of Their Own reference, it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 10-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

That's why I take at least 2 pitches(depending on the count afterward) when I start a game until at least the first time through the line up.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 10

Batting practice. On one session, just look, and only look, at every pitch. While you are looking at those pitches visualize at which point you should swing, or not swing due to location of the pitch.

On the second session, swing away but only at the ones you like best or feel that you could hit the best. For me is the low fastball in the zone. Love those. This has improved my eye and timing.
Hope it helps.

DR Russell

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »