Home

The New Millennium East/West Rosters

This is a discussion on The New Millennium East/West Rosters within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
The New Millennium East/West Rosters

As we've seen for roughly the past 8-10 year or so, 2K has had legend rosters. They've been separated by decade and each decade by east and western conference ( except the 50/60's legend who are clumped together). Since next year will mark the end of a decade I though it would be cool to come up with a New Millennium roster.

I'm sure I'll have some disagreement, but here's my first try (in no particular order:

East:
LeBron James
Allen Iverson
Jason Kidd
Dwight Howard
Chauncey Billups
Chris Bosh
Ron Artest
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Jermaine O'Neal
Vince Carter
Dwayne Wade

West:
Shaq
Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Garnett
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Paul
Chris Webber
Manu Ginobili
Tony Parker
Pau Gasol

Last edited by Classic88; 10-03-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: I originally had T-Mac on here, but I replaced him with Dwayne Wade for obvious reasons, lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #2
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The New Millennium East/West Rosters

Shaq plays in the Eastern Conference now so I think he would be on the East.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Well it's not based on who plays where now. It's where that player had his best years and/or had the most impact during this decade. Shaq 3-peated with the Lakers. Therefore on a legend roster he would be on the West. Just like Jason Kidd belongs on the east because he had his best years in NJ.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:24 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

how about ben wallace? he was as dominant a defender could be during those few years detroit was on top..

not really pushing for him, just throwing out an idea..
Old 10-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
Rookie

I definitely considered Big Ben. Mostly due to the lack of quality centers that have played in the east over the past decade, and he has a ring. He's definitely someone to think about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
Pro

Yeah but how many years did Big Ben really dominate? I would have to check to see if there are quality centers over him but I won't deny that he was a defensive stalwart. (Albeit some of the years he won DPOY was reallllly debatable.)

Now you see the huge drop off of Big Ben because he relies on his athleticism as opposed to the other tall centers who still maintained respectable level of play through their older years.

I'll post my contribution here soon. Good topic by the way, time flies by fast.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

oh f, lol dwyane wade..
Old 10-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Not to get into some kind of debate, as I know you just threw the rosters out there and whatnot and they're by no means meant to be definitive, but I would select Ben Wallace as well. And I would take him over Chauncey Billups. I do not have the stats in front of me right now either, but I believe Wallace was at least a 4 time defensive player of the year in the 2000's. Perhaps one or two of the awards can be debatable (with an emphasis on "perhaps") but I believe that'd still make him the 2nd best defensive player of that particular year had he not won. I feel like he and Ron Artest may have flip-flopped awards in one two-year span (Ben should have won Ron's, Ron should have won Ben's).

All awards aside, Ben Wallace was the catalyst for one of the best teams of the decade. His dominance spanned from 2001-2007 - six or seven more than solid seasons and at his best, I feel he affected the game just as much as any other All-Star. His stellar offensive rebounding alone altered the outcome of countless Piston games over that span. He was no doubt a star and I'd throw him on that East club in a minute.

And that is me campaigning for Ben Wallace's inclusion on the 2000's East Team.

The 2000's teams will be two fun clubs to roll with. Did 2K always have an All-90's team though? For some unsubstantiated reason, I feel like it took them a few years into the new millenium to include those teams on their games. Or it may have been some players just weren't included that I thought should be. Hopefully they create the 2000's teams next season. I really liked how each player on 2K2's legends teams used to rock his own jersey (Magic Johnson in a Lakers uniform) instead of those generic jerseys. I wish they'd bring that back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »