Home

Pass button unresponsive at times .. Redshirt?

This is a discussion on Pass button unresponsive at times .. Redshirt? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Pass button unresponsive at times .. Redshirt?

This was in the demo (on both consoles I tried it on) and it's also in the full game, but I can't really figure out why it happens. Usually it's when you're getting pressured with the puck in your own zone, but I've seen it happen in a lot of different situations. I'll go to make a pass and it's like I never pressed anything - my player doesn't even attempt to make a pass. Sometimes I'll hit it a few times and nothing will happen. A decent amount of the time it results in a turnover, but mostly it just throws me off.

I know I can't be the only person experiencing this. Care to chime in Redshirt? Is this a glitch or was it put in intentionally?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Pass button unresponsive at times .. Redshirt?

I have the same issue. But it's only the first time i press. But then again if the pass didn't happen i just hammer away at the button until it does. Just like with the vision control button and the push puck ahead move. That doesn't always register as well, if i am to quick in pressing it after getting the puck under control and skating in a strait line.

It normally happens if I'm very quick in pressing the passing button right after i have received the puck.

Instances were this happens is:

- Usually right after winning a faceoff and trying to do a quick pass to the other defender.

- The other team dumps the puck in and my defender is first on the puck by the boards behind the goal line and have a second to get the puck away before the board play begins. I try to pass it to the other defender and nothing happens.

The last example is so common for me that i now always hammer away on the button as soon as possible.

EDIT: To add I'm playing with normal passing. This wasn't an issue when i was playing with hardcore passing.

Last edited by shakeable; 10-02-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: EDIT: To add I'm playing with normal passing. This wasn't an issue when i was playing with hardcore passing.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22

This wouldn't be anything intentional. I haven't experienced exactly what you are describing myself -- though I have had a few times when I've made a pass and it just dribbles a few feet away (which is not intentional either), but that isn't what you are talking about? I don't know what would be causing either issue but the details you've provided (and any more anyone might have) might help track it down.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeable
I have the same issue....

It normally happens if I'm very quick in pressing the passing button right after i have received the puck.

Instances were this happens is:

- Usually right after winning a faceoff and trying to do a quick pass to the other defender.

- The other team dumps the puck in and my defender is first on the puck by the boards behind the goal line and have a second to get the puck away before the board play begins. I try to pass it to the other defender and nothing happens.

The last example is so common for me that i now always hammer away on the button as soon as possible.
I noticed this a lot playing online last night, especially in these two situations. It reminds me of a bad point of 2k in past years where you would pass the puck back to the point and no matter what you did, there would be about a second where the defenseman would just sit there and not respond to your button presses.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I have noticed this issue too. It seems to be an issue when I press the button too soon after receiving a pass or collecting the puck. I want to say it especially happens when I'm being pressured in my own end, but I think that's just when I notice it the most. I'm with shake - whenever I'm in a situation where I need to get rid of the puck ASAP, I've resorted to mashing on that pass button.

BTW, I play with manual passing OFF, and pass assist at 1.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 10-02-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

i've noticed it too, usually under pressure in my own zone, right after a face off win. Press the pass button, nothing happens the first time......

this is on regular passing, not manual.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:02 AM   #7
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22

Is it when the other player has already initiated a check, or before that?
Old 10-03-2009, 05:03 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
Is it when the other player has already initiated a check, or before that?
I haven't studied it specifically as it can be pretty random when it happens but there definitely doesn't have to be any check initiated or anything like that by the opposing team.

Definitely the most common occurance of this "glitch" is when you are being pressured behind your own net, especially after the other team has dumped the puck in and is forechecking.

It's probably more noticeable if you play versus but it happens in every game mode to me on a pretty frequent basis.

Also, while you're here I'll ask this as well. How come sometimes you can get a random interference penalty clearing players out in front of the net on defense? Mostly it happens directly in front of the net, not off to the side or anything where an interference call might make sense. It's a lot less frequent than the cross checking or roughing calls in 09, but can still happen at a bad time. It's weird because last year they would never call you for interference when you hit in front of the net, you would either get nothing at all or a cross checking / roughing penalty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »