Home

***Official My Player Progression Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official My Player Progression Thread*** within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24
***Official My Player Progression Thread***

This is going to be my primary gameplay mode for awhile as I wait for some good draft classes to come out for Association.

That said, I know this is a popular mode for a lot of others here, and I'd be interested to hear people's stories about the position they play, where they get drafted, their MPG, stats, etc.

I just started over, and am going through the combine again (As I get better, and realize my playing style, I constantly want to start over, play differently, spend my points differently, etc. But this is definately going to be my last guy).

I am a 6'8" 217 lbs. "Athletic" SF. OVR 41

In my first game I had 34 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 turnovers (I don't remember my blocks or steals). This is not the norm for me as my last guy averaged around 15-5-5. I am projected to go 2nd round, 7th pick to the Spurs after my first game.

For those who have finished the combine, what position do you play, what are you rated, what were your stats, and where are you projected to land when 2k10 drops?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: ***Official My Player Progression Thread***

I'd love to see some game play videos from this mode. It's the mode that makes me really want 2k10.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
Rookie

JVal3208's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
I'd love to see some game play videos from this mode. It's the mode that makes me really want 2k10.
2K forum user Ken North has posted a full game from My Player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lSBuffCnJs
Old 09-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

i'm doing a 6'10" athletic pf and maxing out his vertical in DC. i got to 98 vert last time but i'm going for 100. I find that vertical helps in the most areas of the game, you get better (higher) at rebounding, blocking, contesting, and dunking.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
Supreme

Streets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawkerOne
i'm doing a 6'10" athletic pf and maxing out his vertical in DC. i got to 98 vert last time but i'm going for 100. I find that vertical helps in the most areas of the game, you get better (higher) at rebounding, blocking, contesting, and dunking.
I don't think I could get to a 98 in anything! You all must either be really good, or know some kind of exploit to get points easily. Last game was my best one ever (the 34 point one) and I ended up with about 1800-1900 skill points. Barely enough to raise anything. substantially.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

try it, i get like 1600/game and it's under 300/point until you get up to the 90's. i have 75 vert after the initial 100o pts and 6 drills (took silvers for the pts).
Old 09-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

I'm a 6'5 200lb "Athletic" PG. 42 ovr (post combine)

I was projected to be mid 2nd round pick. But I went round 1 pick 27 on draft day. But I guess that's what happens when you avg 34ppg and 12apg 3spg in the Combine.

Out the gate I used all 6 drills on improving my shooting. I played 3 summer league games so far. I started out coming off the bench. Now they start me the past 2 games .

Something that I like is while my natural position PG. My summer league Coach has given me looks at the Sg and SF . So I played the heat and I had to guard beasley he was killing me in the paint the coach realized that and put me back at Sg.

I have 3 more games to know if I get invited to camp. But if I'm a 1st round pick am I not guranteed a 3 year contract?

Anyway I'm currently Ovr 52 (midway through summer league.)
MLB: New York Yankees

Last edited by Scoop 24; 09-30-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
Supreme

Streets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawkerOne
try it, i get like 1600/game and it's under 300/point until you get up to the 90's. i have 75 vert after the initial 100o pts and 6 drills (took silvers for the pts).
Thanks for the tip, man!

BTW, how much do you get for taking a silver (and do you get more or less depending on the drill?)?

I'm doing gold in the dribble course to get my speed up (that's my "vertical", lol) as I am trying to be a Shawn Marion type 3 who can crash the boards and run the break (and of course I'm projected to go to the slowest offense in the league, where my talents are useless!).

Speed is super-expensive to upgrade (over 1000 a point!). So I'm wondering is it better to try for gold or silver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »