Home

WWE Going Downhill

This is a discussion on WWE Going Downhill within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
WWE Going Downhill

It's a joke. The same ol' title holders, lack of proper push for younger stars, now specialty matches becoming their own PPV's. To top that off, blood is out of such matches. Yeah, it's the quality of the match that matters in the long run, but to have a matches listed as so brutal as Hell In A Cell, Elimination Chamber, Last Man Standing, and I Quit. To not have blood in any of those hardly makes there brutality seem very brutal to me. Sorry, but I see a guy have his head driven into "unforgiving steel" and bashed with chairs and anything else his opponent can hit him with, I would think it would break the skin at some point. The fact that these matches are now focal points of certain PPV's hardly makes them special anymore. I use to look forward to seeing Triple H or Undertaker brutalize someone in the steel structure. Now it seems like just another match, rather than the brutal conclusion to a personal fued.

Also, stop giving the titles to the same people. It's Cena,Orton, Taker, Batista, Edge and Triple H. Don't get me wrong, I like most of them as Champs for a while, it's starting to get old and no one seems to hold the title for much longer than a couple months at time any more. Having the likes of CM Punk as Champ is nice, if they would let him retain it any lengthy amount of time. It would also be nice to see Kane, Jericho, Matt Hardy, or MVP hold the belts for a while. You can still have the big guys in the main events, but have them fighting to win the titles instead and NOT ALWAYS WINNING them just because they draw the crowds.

Needless to say I'm very disappointed in the WWE lately. That's my rant. What are you guys thoughts on the current state of the WWE?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: WWE Going Downhill

I think CM Punk better win at HIAC or I'll have to agree with this. If 'Taker went to and Batista had stayed on Raw and Rey didn't get suspended we'd be having Punk vs. Morrison instead.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

WWE's product is marketed towards a different and younger demographic now, and as such it's not going to compare favorably to those who were drawn to the 'E during the Monday Night Wars and the Attitude Era, which is for all intents and purposes over.

It's going downhill from your perspective as it's not as interesting to you, which is fine because they've shifted who they are trying to gain the interest of. That said, WWE as a business is by no means going downhill.

I will say that the quality of the in-ring work is kind of depressing at times, and that it's a sad commentary on the state of wrestling when the best wrestler in the company is a 44-year old with a fused back and torn-up knees who debuted in the company in 1988.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:43 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 55

Raw sucks but Smackdown is still pretty damn good. CM Punk is the best thing to happen to the WWE in a very long time though. The PPVs this year have been hit or miss for me.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #5

OVR: 34

They are losing an important age group, 20-somethings. With the rise and popularity of UFC and all things MMA, the WWE has some serious competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
I will say that the quality of the in-ring work is kind of depressing at times, and that it's a sad commentary on the state of wrestling when the best wrestler in the company is a 44-year old with a fused back and torn-up knees who debuted in the company in 1988.
Major brain fade moment.....Who is that your describing?

Just call me Sanchez
Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Major brain fade moment.....Who is that your describing?
Shawn Michaels

I don't really think anyone can make an argument for anyone else being a better pound-for-pound in-ring performer right now.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yeah I can't get into their current product at all. The guest how deal made me tune in early on but now even that has gotten played out. How many times can you bring DX back. It was fun in 2006 but now I'm like c'mon..I can officially say I have grown out of wrestling. I still tune in every now and then but I'll have to be extremely bored.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »