Home

Steeler99's Franchise Sliders

This is a discussion on Steeler99's Franchise Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Steeler99's Franchise Sliders

Updated post-patch #2

Every game offers a variety so if you try these, don't judge off one game alone. Some games I find my offense much stronger than others, while other games end up being a real defensive battle (most of my games end up being more defensive, but that's mostly due to my style of play). Obviously the opponent has something to do with this, but the game really does offer a variety of outcomes.

I want playing with strong teams to feel "easier", while playing with weak or average teams should require more effort to pull off a win (as it should be). Don't let the low QB ACC setting for humans fool you, if you play smart you will still have a very successful passing game, although it will be much harder with lower rated QB ... again, as it should be. Throwing on the run, or while back-pedaling will definitely give you some errant throws, while setting up properly will provide some very accurate throws (even deep balls). Just make sure you have your pass plays planned out and know your progressions.

Speed: SLOW/55

Hardcore

11 min, 15 sec runoff

HUMAN / CPU

PASS OFFENSE

QB ACC ... 10 / 44
PS BLK .... 50 / 28
WR CTH ... 35 / 44 (human between 35-40)

RUN OFFENSE

BRK TKL ... 32 / 40
RN BLK ..... 38 / 98
FUM ........ 30 / 30 ... (increased due to excessive fumbles post-patch)

PASS DEFENSE

RE-TIME ... 24 / 70
INT .......... 4 / 40 (human could go higher, but you risk excessive int's)
PS RUSH ... 64 / 40

RUN DEFENSE

RE-TIME ... 12 / 54 (keep between 10-15 for human team)
SHED ... 10 / 48
TKL ......... 50 / 48

SP TEAM

FG POW 48
FG ACC 48
PT POW 48
PT ACC 40
KO POW 43

Penalties: All 100, except Holding 52, Facemask 54, Clipping 73

Sub out/in: default

Fatigue: 54 ... keep between 50-58

Injury: default

NOTE: I really haven't messed with subs or injury that much so if you have personal settings go with that.

Last edited by Steeler99; 01-23-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Most recent changes in BOLD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Steeler99's Franchise Sliders

What game speed are you making these for?
Old 09-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
Banned

Trying to keep the main sliders near that 12.5 marker (between all-pro and all-madden) I make all adjustments using only sub-sliders and try to stay within that range.

There are a few obvious areas that have been made either easier or harder as I saw fit:

CPU run offense is set between all-pro and pro (7.5) to give them a necessary boost, while also raising the HUM run defense to above all-madden (16). I really hate to raise HUM settings any higher here as too many broken tackles make for a very unrealistic run game.

For the HUM run offense I really felt like that played pretty good at all-pro default so for now I have HUM run offense and CPU run defense at default all-pro (10)

You'll also see I have the CPU pass offense slightly out of the 12.5 range because I have their PASS BLK setting down to help with the HUM pass rush.

Last edited by Steeler99; 09-28-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
What game speed are you making these for?
I've been doing all of my playing at default speeds (SLOW/50), but I think they would work fine with either normal or very slow as well. I do not like the fast or very fast speeds.

I would always keep threshold between 50-60 for the most realistic player/game speed (based on thorough testing by others).
Old 09-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
Banned

A couple other things I wanted to mention ...

On defense I ONLY control one player and I think that's an important part of making defensive play MUCH more realistic, while also giving the cpu offense more opportunities to make bigger plays. For myself I control either the SS or MLB, but to each his own.

For those of you that tend to make a lot of manual int's I would suggest lowering HUM int's by 10, and giving those 10 points to either pass reaction or pass rush to maintain the 12.5 main slider range.

Relating to test games I think it's important to control several different teams throughout the process. To get an accurate assessment it helps to play with weak teams, average teams, and strong teams ... hopefully noticing a difference between the three.

Last edited by Steeler99; 09-28-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

It was raining in Jacksonville as Indianapolis came to town for a week four match up, of the 2016 season. On their first drive the Colts drove down the field, threatening to score in the air on the 2. Manning looked to Wayne in the end zone, but the pass was intercepted for a 103 yard touchdown by Pro-Bowl corner back Etienne Griffin. After receiving the ball again, the Colts suffered a 3 and out. Jacksonville tried to make it a 14 point game on their first drive, but their running game faced an insurmountable white wall for nearly the entire game. Jawan Jamison, who rushed for over 2600 in the 2015 season, was stuffed on nearly every play. The Jaguars had to settle for a field goal as the the first quarter clock expired. Both defenses stood strong during the second quarter, but the Manning was able to was able to complete a touchdown pass to Reggie Wayne before the end of the first half to make it a 10-7 game.

Right out of the gate of the second half, Jaguar return man Dravannti Jordan took a 95 yard return to the house to give the Jaguars a two score lead. The third and fourth quarters saw two dominant defenses who would not let either team move the ball effectively. In the last drive the game, the Jaguars spent three minutes to go 65 yards down the field, 50 of those yards on the back of Jamison Jamison, to culminate in a 2 yard rushing touchdown by Jamison and to end the game.

The game's Player of the Game was Jawan Jamison with 98 yards for one touchdown, which speaks volumes to how much of a tight match up this defensive battle.

That was my game with these sliders, and it was very fun. I had an awful time trying to get my running game started, so I had to resort to the air more than I like to. Luckily I didn't get intercepted, but I did get sacked 3 times. I guess I am really going to have to improve my running game if I am going to be effective with these sliders. The final score of the game was Jacksonville-24(93ovrl), Tennessee-7(89ovrl). The game was much closer than the score reflects and I think I will continue to use these sliders, thanks for making them.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'll give these a shot. I have yet to find a slider set I enjoy. Steeler, I am curious to what you sue for your fatigue and sub settings. I have been tinkering with them a lot and still not happy with what I am at right now.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rws591
It was raining in Jacksonville as Indianapolis came to town for a week four match up, of the 2016 season. On their first drive the Colts drove down the field, threatening to score in the air on the 2. Manning looked to Wayne in the end zone, but the pass was intercepted for a 103 yard touchdown by Pro-Bowl corner back Etienne Griffin. After receiving the ball again, the Colts suffered a 3 and out. Jacksonville tried to make it a 14 point game on their first drive, but their running game faced an insurmountable white wall for nearly the entire game. Jawan Jamison, who rushed for over 2600 in the 2015 season, was stuffed on nearly every play. The Jaguars had to settle for a field goal as the the first quarter clock expired. Both defenses stood strong during the second quarter, but the Manning was able to was able to complete a touchdown pass to Reggie Wayne before the end of the first half to make it a 10-7 game.

Right out of the gate of the second half, Jaguar return man Dravannti Jordan took a 95 yard return to the house to give the Jaguars a two score lead. The third and fourth quarters saw two dominant defenses who would not let either team move the ball effectively. In the last drive the game, the Jaguars spent three minutes to go 65 yards down the field, 50 of those yards on the back of Jamison Jamison, to culminate in a 2 yard rushing touchdown by Jamison and to end the game.

The game's Player of the Game was Jawan Jamison with 98 yards for one touchdown, which speaks volumes to how much of a tight match up this defensive battle.

That was my game with these sliders, and it was very fun. I had an awful time trying to get my running game started, so I had to resort to the air more than I like to. Luckily I didn't get intercepted, but I did get sacked 3 times. I guess I am really going to have to improve my running game if I am going to be effective with these sliders. The final score of the game was Jacksonville-24(93ovrl), Tennessee-7(89ovrl). The game was much closer than the score reflects and I think I will continue to use these sliders, thanks for making them.
Wow that was a defensive battle! take away a kick return and a pick-6 ... and it's a 10-7 score. I see your deep into a franchise so it's hard to judge how those two teams should play (i.e. I usually don't associate Indy with strong defense) ... but it sounds like that was a fun & challenging game. Play a few more and let me know if the run game changes for you at all. Realistic sliders should provide a nice mix of games so that much like the real world the run game will work in some games, but not in others.

How about the CPU pass game ... did Manning seem too easy to stop? Was HUM pass game realistic? And what about the CPU run game ... or did Manning pretty much pass all the time?

On the pick-6 issue, since they seem too easy in this year's madden, I usually don't allow myself to use sprint mode after int's. I find that keeps things a bit more real, cause how often do you really see int's go for TD's?

Great game recap and thanks for any feedback ... keep it coming!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »