Home

2nd Patch Kick Returns FAR too Easy

This is a discussion on 2nd Patch Kick Returns FAR too Easy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5
2nd Patch Kick Returns FAR too Easy

Look, I know someone has brought a thread about this up, but it really needs more attention. After that second patch my special teams will pancake everyone and my blockers will pick up a defender every single time. It's absurd how easy it is to take one to the house. I litterally had to make a house rule for myself where I just have to run straight, but I still get about 40 yards a return. This is against the CPU on All-Madden mind you, I haven't tested this against other humans.

So is anyone else getting frustrated with this? Did EA break something while making this patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: 2nd Patch Kick Returns FAR too Easy

I didn't know there was a 2nd patch already...:googloe;

And no, I haven't found it easy to return kicks to the house. I honestly don't see much a difference in the kick returns post patch vs pre-patch.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5

Oops, I meant first patch.

You haven't though? My special teams pancakes everyone now. It's crazy how much it happens. I really do think something changed because if I try I return 2-3 kicks a game. However, punt special teams are still good for the CPU.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

No I haven't noticed a difference. I have yet to take a kick back to the house.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

I've taken probably five back before the patch and have not taken any back since. But that's in a much smaller sample size. I think you're just getting lucky. If you have a problem with it, mess with some sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ive noticed this BIGTIME....Ive returned 7 kicks in about 10 games. That along with many other issues ive noticed since patch 1. Frame rate while running, coverage is worse i think ( i couldnt complete a deep ball to anybody at all, first game post patch, R White- 6 deep ball catches against C Gamble who I have edited pretty high), Rb's and Wr's walk on certain routes now ect ect....Ive decided to delete patch 1...keep in mind these things said here are JUST MY OPINION....so don't freak out on me if you do not concure.......
Old 09-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
Look, I know someone has brought a thread about this up, but it really needs more attention. After that second patch my special teams will pancake everyone and my blockers will pick up a defender every single time. It's absurd how easy it is to take one to the house. I litterally had to make a house rule for myself where I just have to run straight, but I still get about 40 yards a return. This is against the CPU on All-Madden mind you, I haven't tested this against other humans.

So is anyone else getting frustrated with this? Did EA break something while making this patch?
I don't know if it's broken. I surely don't average 40 yards a return. I do however take kickoffs to the house more in this version, than every other football game I've played; 2k8 was the 2nd most frequent and even with that game I may have done it three or four times in the span of a year. I've had a lot more than that in madden 10 and I haven't owned madden 10 for 2 months. To be fair though, this is the first year that I've actually gone into practice mode to practice kickoff returns.
The patch made no difference in IMO with kick off returns.

Also, does any find return left and right to be totally and utterly useless ? When selecting those(return left or right), the players never set up the wedge in front of me or I simply doing something wrong.

Punt returns are much harder. I've had to long returns; one was agains't someone online, and the other(a TD) was against the CPU.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
Oops, I meant first patch.

You haven't though? My special teams pancakes everyone now. It's crazy how much it happens. I really do think something changed because if I try I return 2-3 kicks a game. However, punt special teams are still good for the CPU.
My special teams doesn't. I just pick return middle, follow the wegde and try to hit the hole. If I get through, most of the time I'm taking it in for six. Sometimes they cover them up, some times they don't. Sometimes you have to make one or two people miss, but you blocking has to be there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »