Home

Long time Live player...

This is a discussion on Long time Live player... within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Long time Live player...

Well as the subject says, i have been a long time Live player, have been since i was a little kid. Since the next gen jump Live has been pretty bad, they made some great strides last year, but Dynasty mode, which is the bread and butter for me, was pretty much terrible. Especially the off season and all of that. People have told me that 2k was the better game, so im thinking about switching to 2k this year but i have a quite few questions first, and any help would be appreciated.

First question i have is how is the Dynasty Mode/whatever its called in 2k? I would like some in depth info on it, because that is the only thing i play.

2nd: What tore it for me with Live 10 is i read that there are no in-game injuries in Dynasty Mode (WTF!!!??). That is so unrealistic and pissed me off. So are there in-game injuries in dynasty mode in 2k?

3rd: I heard that the D-League was in 2k this year, is that true? If so thats really cool and a major +

4th: I also heard you can edit draft classes and share them, is this true? And if so is there someone here in the community that edits the classes that would have the players taht would potentially be in the upcoming draft in 2010?

5th: How is the create a player? I know it sounds silly but i always create myself and live out my dream as an NBA player, like i said it sounds silly but ill never be in the NBA so this is the closest ill ever get.

6th: Can you hire and fire coaches? And are there actual coaches?

7th: In the draft, are there actual pictures of the draft prospects, or at least computer generated pictures, or is it just a blank sillouhete (sp?)?

8th: And a big one, can you only have a 12 man roster or do you have 3 open spots for the IR. Like on Live you can have 15 guys on your roster (12 Active & 3 Inactive).

Ok guys, sorry if its alot of questions but like i said any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Long time Live player...

Just come on over to the darkside my friend and buy NBA2K10, it is the one true power in the universe.....
Old 09-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

LOL! don't let these guys give you a hard time. i played Live from 95 - 2001 and i'm d@mn proud....it was a GREAT hoops title at the time.

i'm not sure about the answers to most questions but hopefully some of these guys will chime in and welcome you with open arms. here are the ones i know:

1) yup...D League is in.
2) create-a-player is AWESOME. and with the draft combine you can go through the whole experience of pre-draft camp, gettting drafted and playing in the league...
3) most of the rookie pics are in...

best of luck! again...glad you're here.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

1:Won't put too much into one because the rest of my response should give you an indication of how 2ks association mode is. I suggest you read the Develop Insight on NBAToday so you can get an idea on how the in game presentation will be for association modes. http://community.2ksports.com/commun...id=952788&l=11

2:Yes

3:Yes

4:Yes. Not sure if someone has a project but check the roster section. I'm sure once the NCAA bball season begins people will work on a draft class.

5: To see the created a player system I recommend you download the combine. Just try the trial where you can still create your own player.

6:Yes, CPU fires there coaches as well.

7:Based on the screens that Steven and others have posted it will be silhouettes for the 2010 rookies and beyond.

8:You have your 15 man rosters, 12 active 3 on reserved.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
Well as the subject says, i have been a long time Live player, have been since i was a little kid. Since the next gen jump Live has been pretty bad, they made some great strides last year, but Dynasty mode, which is the bread and butter for me, was pretty much terrible. Especially the off season and all of that. People have told me that 2k was the better game, so im thinking about switching to 2k this year but i have a quite few questions first, and any help would be appreciated.

First question i have is how is the Dynasty Mode/whatever its called in 2k? I would like some in depth info on it, because that is the only thing i play.

2nd: What tore it for me with Live 10 is i read that there are no in-game injuries in Dynasty Mode (WTF!!!??). That is so unrealistic and pissed me off. So are there in-game injuries in dynasty mode in 2k?

3rd: I heard that the D-League was in 2k this year, is that true? If so thats really cool and a major +

4th: I also heard you can edit draft classes and share them, is this true? And if so is there someone here in the community that edits the classes that would have the players taht would potentially be in the upcoming draft in 2010?

5th: How is the create a player? I know it sounds silly but i always create myself and live out my dream as an NBA player, like i said it sounds silly but ill never be in the NBA so this is the closest ill ever get.

6th: Can you hire and fire coaches? And are there actual coaches?

7th: In the draft, are there actual pictures of the draft prospects, or at least computer generated pictures, or is it just a blank sillouhete (sp?)?

8th: And a big one, can you only have a 12 man roster or do you have 3 open spots for the IR. Like on Live you can have 15 guys on your roster (12 Active & 3 Inactive).

Ok guys, sorry if its alot of questions but like i said any help would be appreciated.

In NBA 2k, it is called Association

I can only answer your few questions. I know many users will help you out too.

3. Yes, there is a "My Player" mode in 2k10. That's new feature. wherein you create your player and join a summer league and play for a team who signed you, get into training camp and compete for a roster spot, and when you are cut, you can try your luck in D-LEAGUE. for further info, read this link:
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic...57b493592e3121

4. yes thats true.

5. see my answer for number 3

6. YES

7. silhouette according to screenshots i saw here in OS

8. you can have 15 roster spots. last 3 for IR.

hope that I helped you and yessss! i did a good deed this day!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Pared or MC, care to jump in on this one? Specially the rookies pics...silhouettes being used in the retail version?

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Last edited by CFav; 09-26-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

4) someone somewhere will create the incoming draft class, it may take sometime to get accurate ones cause there are so many options for creating a player and someone would have to do that for 70 ppl
6)you can hire/fire coaches I forget if there are 'real coaches' that can be hired and also its not only head coaches
8)you do have a roster of 15 12 active 3 inactive

I still suggest renting 2k10 first unless your satisfied with the gameplay of the demo that should be coming out soon
Old 09-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #8
MVP

CKW11's Arena

Thanks for the responses guys! 2k10 sounds like an awesome game. I've been scanning thru some of the screenshots here and it looks awesome! I love the little things like the efficiency rating, and for the all stars it even says if its their 1st appearance or 2nd or whatever the case may be. But thanks again for the help guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »